Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Jedi Scope

Return of the Jedi last 2 Reels got a lot of bids

Rückkehr der Jedi Ritter, Teil der Komplettfassung auf Super 8 - CINEMASCOPE | eBay

It looks like this is part of a "3x400ft" that was released in the mid 80's. It consisted of reel 1 of the feature (rescue of Han Solo) and the last two reels of the feature. However, this is just the last two of three reels.

Comment

But the color of the Screenshots looks like the Derann release, which was on 5x 600ft. The german seller writes it is part of the full feature ("Teil der Komplettfassung").

So it would be without the first 3 reels.

Comment

It appears to be on 2x400ft reels. It's kind of difficult to really make a proper assessment of the color, as, most people are not that good with screenshots. However, it really doesn't appear to be as sharp as the Derann.

Comment

The Derann release was 7x400“ - and the seller states them to be the last 2 reels of the full feature.

Comment

Yes Oliver, The Derann 2006/2007 catalog has it listed as mounted on 7 X 400'. The print I acquired a few years ago from a Forum member was the Derann print, 7 X 400' Scope Feature.. Even 3 reels on LPP are worth having if you don't have the full feature. Keep your eyes on this one.
            ​​​​​
            Last edited by Burton Sundquist; March 24, 2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

The only strange issue is the soundstripe: there is only one visible on the photo! On both of the reels. Maybe this is another new attached leader, but as far as I know Derann always used main AND balance stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver Feld View Post
                The only strange issue is the soundstripe: there is only one visible on the photo! On both of the reels. Maybe this is another new attached leader, but as far as I know Derann always used main AND balance stripe.
                Perhaps this was a White Box Special where the striper missed the balance stripe, that might account for the missing reels. I have a short where the balance stripe was inside the picture area, so I know mistakes happened. that was sold cheap as a WBS.

Comment

Sold for $237.00 Euro

Comment

I still think it's a non-Derann print, but I could be wrong. If someone on this forum has bought it,could they report back on the leader, (that is, if it has it's original leader).

Comment

Hi All,

Derran never printed Return of The Jedi

Comment

My copy is mady by Derann. And see Burton's post above.

Comment

It always turned up on the S/H list but I'm sure from what has been posted elsewhere they did print it but they didn't even risk calling it an "Import".

Comment

Sorry, but I don't understand, what you mean. Why should they call it an Import?

Comment

It was suspected that some films were released without having the rights, or were printed in the UK for export without UK rights. It was thought that calling them imports would avoid any legal repercussions.

Comment

Working...
                              X