Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laurel & Hardy's prints for sale. Busy Bodies and Babes In Toylan (Derran Print)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel & Hardy's prints for sale. Busy Bodies and Babes In Toylan (Derran Print)

Hello Everyone,

If anyone is interested, I am selling two Laurel & Hardy prints.

Busy Bodies - 400ft Blackhawk, nice print $15.00 OBO

Babes in Toyland - 8mm, not Super 8. This is a Derran Print on 4 x 400ft reels. $60.00 OBO

Note: It's a nice print, picture and sound is good. I am not sure why Derran edited the movie. It starts off with "Babes in Toyland" credits that I have never seen before. Maybe it's British credits. Opens with Mother Goose singing the Toyland song and she turns the pages of the story book. Like the original is and goes into the movie. Which is rare in 8.

Here is the edit. The story flows like normal and Bow Peep comes down the stairs, go to tend to her sheep and there is Barnaby asking her to marry him. She refuses and Barnaby goes back to the Old Lady in The Shoe and tells her the rent is due and he leaves.

Normally it cuts to L&H coming down the stairs saying good morning to the Old Lady. Talks to her about getting money from the Toy Maker to help pay the rent. Then they go outside on the way to the workshop and Ollie asks Stan what's all these 'Pee Wee's" he's been spending his money on. Stan shows him, hits Barnaby with a Pee Wee and knocks his hat off. They run to the workshop and Barnaby confronts them pulling Ollie's moustache. All of this part of the movie is 7 1/2 min which has been edited out. The edit was made in the negative. Very odd.

The first reel goes from Bow Peep and Barnaby asking to marry to a dissolve/swipe to Boo Peep looking for her sheep and runs into Tom Tom. The rest of the movie is exactly what it should be, and it has the Sandman song "Go to Sleep, Slumber Deep" in Boogey Land like the original release version. Which is a musical number very hard to find in this title in 16 or 8.

All and all the editing from above is an excellent job. Unless you know the movie by heart you would not know it was missing that 7 1/2 min.

I'm selling it because I have a very nice complete print of the movie. If interested and have questions, please ask away. I think it's priced right, but you can always make an offer.

Thanks for reading.
    Ken

Last edited by Ken Souza; April 16, 2021, 10:47 PM.

Toyland is now sold.

Comment

Working...
    X