Scope prints on Standard 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope prints on Standard 8

Do any members know if there were any available back in the day, if so what titles were available.
    John

I have forgotten the title, but there is a drama, black n white, in scope. I have seen it up for sale twice in 15 years.

Comment

I have a feeling there were some in hire libraries like Derann. But I don't think I downloaded any of those from The Derann Vaults Facebook group.

Comment

It's a Wonderful World 1956 A Ted Heath musical available in colour and scope in standard eight.
        Never seen one for sale on the secondhand market

Comment

Looks like I will have keep looking, it’s very rare to even find anything on standard 8 sound these days. There must be loads of stuff out there, after all in the early days of mag sound before Super 8 hit the market there were lots of libraries and prints of features were been knocked out for sale or hire. Always loved the gauge , used to use a Bolex K1 and with Kodachrome 2 the results were outstanding. My projector was Eumig 810 HQS , this I bought the Saturday before VAT was introduced on the following Monday.Shot miles of footage ,some I mag striped to add music effects etc. All my home movies I have transferred to DVD. Kept all the original film and it still projects well with no colour probs.
          John

Comment

It really is amazing as to how sharp some of those standard 8mm prints, especially those Blackhawk Films!

Comment

The only feature I know is I MARRIED A WOMAN with George Gobel and Diana Dors. Then there are the squeezed Columbia one reel Japanese monster movies,plus I have found two Film Office Disneys, "Ragged Bear" and "Bearly Asleep" in b&w sound.

Comment

Thanks to members who responded. It looks as though they are thin on the ground. The only scope film I have is one (100ft) I shot on my Bolex K1 with a large anamorphic lens attached via a homemade bracket, the results were epic, even better when I use my Kodak 8 with HID lighting and f1.1 Emig prime lens. I always loved filming using K2, fabulous colours and pin sharp definition. Can't wait for the Cine fairs to kick in again, always on the lookout for something interesting.
                John

Comment

The 200' version of Columbia's "First Men in the Moon" is in Scope, I've had that a few times on Standard 8, although it's not stated on the box, perhaps a lab oversight, who knows, but it's definitly squeezed throughout the reel.

Comment

"I Married A Woman", that was the title!

Comment

I have it, but on Super 8 and not very well exposed.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8FACEC50-F19E-48A0-9A71-6214C718982E.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	33574 Click image for larger version

Name:	8FACEC50-F19E-48A0-9A71-6214C718982E.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	33575 There is a post on Facebook I noticed from a chap who ran a film library way back when.
                        Had the rights to a film called “Black zoo“ And had two prints made of that in standard eight, colour and sound. Sadly he has no idea where it is now
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Joe McAllister; May 03, 2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X