On eBay: Master and Commander - Scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On eBay: Master and Commander - Scope

Master and Commander Full Feature Scope not mine in the pictures there is a yellow line

I saw that, it has a bid!

Comment

If its the line on the left it may indicate its printed slightly out of frame= framed right or slit incorrectly. Can only speculate not having hands on.

Many of the these long features seem to be coming up now with the release of the 4K UHD Blu-Rays coming along. Nothing whatsoever against beloved S8 I think its just old hand collectors getting older and thinning down. At least the films continue to be shown by new hands which is the main thing.

Only time I have seen part of this title projected was at a the open day, impressive on a big screen.

Comment

It looked impressive in the sequence shown at a BFCC with sound off the DVD.

Comment

Sold for 676.00 GBP

Comment

A big chunk of money, and if anyone is willing, they could give the history on this literally one of a kind (for that time) feature film release. It was handled by Derannfilms, but this feature film release came about because of individual super 8 collectors who campaigned to see that it got released!

Comment

£350.00 originally. Osi is right. This release happened more due to dedication than profit. Much like the releases of today it seems. T3 was touted, but fell through, probably due to copyright issues. Sadly, at that time, around 2004, the Labs didn't really care too much and many prints were printed off center, resulting in white lines down the edge of the print image. Seemed like the last glory days of super 8 at the time and valiant efforts made by all involved.

Comment

It was very exciting at the time. I recall Derann had the lab do a second answer print to get the timing/contrast correct in the darker sequences.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Master and Commander.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	36961

Comment

this would be a great film to show

Comment

It was a nominee for Friday Night Feature at CineSea a few years ago:

I voted for it!

Comment

Lab North seemed more careful than Rank as there were not many "reversed image" prints sold off at reduced priced after they took over.

Comment

Working...
                      X