X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On eBay: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders of the Lost Ark 400 feet not mine

'Raiders of the Lost Ark' .super 8mm sound film. 400ft. | eBay

Mr Notmine 😎has one hell of a film collection.

Comment

Well, there goes my shot of bidding on that, as everybody knows now. It's kind of like what happens with the "Antiques Roadshow", but just the opposite. Antique collectors live in mortal dread of their antiques being showcased on the show, as it makes people flood the market, thinking they're going to get what they quote on the show but the values actually go down.

Comment

Thanks for broadcasting yet another eBay film auction that apparently is not yours yet again and again! I sure wish this constant practice of eBay alerts would be banned from this forum!​​​

Comment

Joseph,

I disagree. I do not have the time to scan eBay constantly, so I'm interested when these things come up.
          I own prints and equipment from auctions that were only brought to my attention because various members found them interesting enough to post about here.

Comment

I agree with Doug. It's a help to collectors to get a heads up on a title they have been looking for. The fun is in the chase. Let the games begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
              Well, there goes my shot of bidding on that, as everybody knows now. It's kind of like what happens with the "Antiques Roadshow", but just the opposite. Antique collectors live in mortal dread of their antiques being showcased on the show, as it makes people flood the market, thinking they're going to get what they quote on the show but the values actually go down.
              Osi you have no hope of getting a cheap sly cheap copy of Raiders of eBay. There are bound to be some collectors out there checking eBay “every hour” along with search tags Star Wars Hitchcock Hammer Universal etc. Become best friends with a really old film collector and maybe they will bequeath you a copy. Failing that they do make very nice Blu rays you know.

Comment

First time I looked. New listing Raiders of Lost Ark buy it now £80 with an offer facility. I have no idea what state it is in and it is part of the Mr Not Mine collection. 😎

Don't say I don’t help!!! 🤪

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114919034215

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Newell View Post

Become best friends with a really old film collector and maybe they will bequeath you a copy. Failing that they do make very nice Blu rays you know.
                  I did once with Star Wars F/L (plus other films). I shared my story in the old forum here;

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...1;t=006767;p=1

Of course it was not free but the purchase was made in 2012 at very low price when the price of Star Wars has already been rocketing.

Cool....

Comment

Winbert I would date around that time as when the madness began. A lot of what is pushing 8mm and 16mm prices is people buying into memorabilia as opposed to Film collectors buying films. If you look across eBay in collector categories like music, books, film or whatever there are a lot of silly sellers who think they have the wonder lot. Doesn’t help that eBay lets them list for free forever. If they were paying a percentage up front as opposed to the 15-20% when the item it sells prices would drop dramatically and it would become a real auction situation again.

Comment

Haha! I can hope to luck out on a cheap copy! Hey, not necessarily possible these days, but it can happen.

Comment

Hey Osi, if you want to see the content of this release, take a look at this, starting at the 3.16 mark. Okay, the whole thing runs at superfast speed but you can see what the edit is like (we'll sort of) and what scenes are included. Just from this, you can see it is a spectacular release and I wish I had bought it when it first came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTgNa5-eRw4

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                          Haha! I can hope to luck out on a cheap copy! Hey, not necessarily possible these days, but it can happen.
                          Osi Make them an offer you never know. Judging from their other offerings they haven’t a clue about super 8 apart from they have shiny box.

Mike

Comment

I used to have this film, actually. It is a good edit.

Comment

Well, the bidding is getting rediculous. It must be someone just going up a few dollars at a time, for there to be 35 bids and be at 79 dollars. Unintelligent bidding, a smart bidder "lays quiet", biding they're time, and then swooping in at the last minute or seconds, and putting a high bid in. This silly thing had 3 days to go, so it will be another case of a rediculously high winning bid.

Comment

Working...
                              X