On eBay: Xanadu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On eBay: Xanadu

Xanadu on Super 8 Sound 2 X 400' sold for around $250 Aust on ebay, its a classic staring Australia's own Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly from Universal Films.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XANADU-O...p2047675.l2557

Unreal, and its just about red with a hint of colour, so what would mine fetch being a leter print on low fade stock, here.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=4;t=000667

Comment

Boxes are in great condition. The film inside is crap fit for the bin. A case of Olivia Newton John memorabilia being bought not a film collector auction.

Comment

Lucky man, Tom! I've looked for this with good color for a long time. I have even heard, thru the rumor mill, that there is a optical sound full feature, though in this case, I'd rather have the digest. My only disappointment with this film, is that it had some terrible and bisarre images for the song "All Over The World". That wonderful dance number with Gene Kelly was a wonderful highlight of the film! Guilty pleasure film, I know it's kind of junk, but fun! A question, in that one just sold, it is clearly letterboxed, but in those perfect color screenshots, it appears to be full frame?

Comment

Mine is slightly letterboxed, its a bit weird why anyone would pay that much for the boxes, even more bazar that the film fetched that much in that poor colour condition, it's hardly what you would call a sought after title, BUT, very well done to the seller.

Comment

I agree, Tom. I tell you, if I am ever able to get a good color print of this title, I will make a copy of the soundtrack and then take the DVD, and make a stellar stereo copy and rerecord it! After all, you watch a title like this for the music!

Comment

Xanadu prints can vary widely. I had one that was pink but another one had good colours though not as great as Tom’s print.

Comment

Its amzing what we will watch on film, just beacuse its on film.

Sadly I have to put this one in that catagory for myself.

But theres plenty of stuff I`ve watched over the years ( on film ) you would never give the time of day on TV even once really, Ive watched again and again on an ST600 etc.

Crazy hobby, with crazy people and happy to put myself around the top of that list or therabouts.

Best Mark.

Comment

In the old forum, we once discussed that Xanadu was re-printed by Red Fox at the end of 8mm era (circa 1983) on LPP stock.

Below two pictures are showing leader and tail used to own by Jonathan Trevithick sold in 2015. I believe at that time was still around $90sh.

cheers,
                  winbert

Click image for larger version  Name:	Xanadu leader and tail LPP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	41626

Comment

Working...
                  X