Life and Times of Grizzly Adams Optical sound feature wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life and Times of Grizzly Adams Optical sound feature wanted

Why do I keep requesting this title? Because we occasionally have new members on here. However, I am always searching for other optical sound titles ad well as ones that, well, I don't even know about yet! Please PM me if you have some you would like to move.

I actively keep a look out for this title ever since we talked! I hope you can find it soon.

Comment

I doubt it, but the search goes on. There's a part of me that, when I actually find at least a decent color copy, it will be a mix of joy and sadness. Joy at achieving my goal and sadness that the goal is achieved. I know, it sounds crazy. In the meantime, the print that I have isn't too badly faded and it just occurred to me that I have enough money to mail it off to Alberto.

Comment

Osi,

I may be wrong, but Derek Simmonds told me that the airline prints had a special coating added to help for wear in those cassette projectors used on planes, would that effect Alberto's process in any way, do you know if any other collector has sent him any optical prints for the colour correction process! It may be fine, but I thought I'd mention it, although again I'm not sure every optical print had this extra treatment!

Comment

Yes, Alberto had treated them, one of his first was in fact, "Little Shop of Horrors", which is on his brochures. I think this extra coating, which your also right about as well, was added a little later on, on later optical sound prints, as I have not seen any evidence of this on the prints back before the late 70's.

Comment

Just my curiosity Osi, supposed there is an excellent color of this very F/L for sale will you be OK for $*** price?

Moderators Note: I have deleted the price mentioned. My explanation is below.

Comment

Winbert,

I have deleted the figure from your post. If someone actually does have a print of this film and is willing to sell it, they would be greatly influenced to set their price according to your post. Feel free to PM Osi to get his answer.

Comment

Osi, as much as we want you to find this print, the day you really do find it something will be missing here!

You see, the thing to do once you get it is run it for Friday Night Feature at CineSea! -not only would I vote for it, I might just campaign for it!

Comment

... and I'll drive the whole danged way to get there!
                  ... and that's from Idaho!

A sad story to relate here ...

A few years back, I found out that they were having a western show, and Dan Haggerty was going to be there, and for Petes sake, it was only 30 miles away. I kept on telling myself, we couldn't afford the tickets, but honestly, we had the money, at least for me to attend. I decided not to go. Two weeks later, Dan Haggerty died. He had cancer. I didn't know it at the time, but he was on heavy duty pain meds and this was in fact, the last live show that he did. I missed out on being able to tell him just how much that movie and show meant to me, even the fun of bragging about having a film print of the film. One of the biggest idiot mistakes that I ever made.

Comment

It may be for the best you didn't see him that way, Osi. At least in your mind he'll stay the way you've always imagined him.

I'm a big fan of the Sunn Classics When the North Wind Blows, which is the film where Dan Haggerty got his break: animal hander all the way to major speaking role. (The joy of budget films: sudden opportunities for innocent bystanders). I befriended Jack Ong, who worked with Dan Haggerty on North Wind and remembered him fondly.

-something else I learned from Jack: When you are dealing with Siberian Tigers, whether or not they have been fed recently, never NEVER turn your back on them!

Comment

When the North Wind Blows is a lucky Sunn Classics Film, in that there are low fade copies. I have another fairly rare Dan Haggerty classic (so to speak), The Adventures of Frontier Fremont, but it has Kodak SP fade as well. That one also started Denver Pyle, who one year later, would play "Mad Jack" on the TV show.

Comment

Working...
                      X