Bullitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullitt

If David Baker could put out a 600’ foot With the entire car chase I would order it immediately

That wold be a nice digest. If you were creating it WHAT would you show in those 30 minutes of film? Obviously - the car chase - but how to book end that?

Comment

The entire chase runs 10:18. Here it is:

Comment

ha! So yeah 10 minutes BEFORE and AFTER. Interesting...

Comment

I agree, excellent reel, and letterboxed, please!

Comment

It's a great idea to bring out one of David's 'specials' for such an iconic film! But as I think it would be difficult to produce a 30min edit that would give a true understanding of the whole film - how about 30mins covering the 3 different chases that take place during the film?

Three chases I hear you say 🤔 - well yes!!

Firstly - the chase for the hitman inside the hospital...

Secondly - the car chase...

Thirdly - the chase for 'Ross' inside and outside the airport at the end of the film.

Just a suggestion 🙂

Ali.

Comment

The lead-in with Vaughn, discovering he is "with" the bad guys...the switch-over in the hospital and a denouement involving McQueen's girl...just a thought...from thoughtless Shorty

Comment

Good suggestion Shorty! Maybe 10mins taken up with inserting some scenes to explain the plot as the film develops with my first and third chases edited down to 5 mins each - and it might actually work really well! 🤔🤞

Comment

The nice thing about the car chase segment is that it is entertaining even if you have never seen the full movie, and it could be put on a 200 ft reel.

Then there is the car chase. The mutha of all car chases. Younger viewers may not get what all the fuss is about, but action like this just wasn't seen on the screen in 1968, even in Bond pictures. There is still an elegant craftsmanship -- an exquisite timing -- to the sequence that blows away all the fast-cut MTV editing and silly, CG imagery that has transformed today's action movies into cartoons. This is real bodies in real motion, and the danger is palpable. The complexity of the scene remains astounding, both as a physical achievement and as a structural one -- the construction of the shots to create speed, tempo and suspense has few rivals in the history of cinema. 'Bullitt' may not be about very much -- and without McQueen it would have been nothing at all -- but in only a few short minutes, it revolutionized the look, feel and style of modern motion pictures.

As long as we are dreaming, wouldn't be fun to see the Bullitt car chase in 3D?

Comment

Yes as with Derann's chase scene from Terminator II release.

Comment

Happy to say i am lucky enough to have an IB Tech feature print of Bullitt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.2 KB ID:	43452 Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	43453 Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	43454 Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	43455 Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (5).jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.3 KB ID:	43457 Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (6).jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	43456 Click image for larger version  Name:	bullitt (7).jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.8 KB ID:	43458

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Thanks Graham,

Here is a very big surprise for you all.

The Reel Image plans on doing the chase sequence after the 1st of the New year.

All Reel Image subscribers will notified when it is ready.

Some very good news for you all.

Comment

It did have Color Fade

Bullitt (1968) 16mm feature film Steve McQueen Mylar print | eBay

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Mark .

Just to clarify , The Reel Image does action / adventure / comedy / cartoons / family type digests .
                              I do Horror / Sci-Fi / Gore / Slasher / Monster type digests .
                              This way , we've got you covered !

Comment

Working...
                              X