Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Charlie Brown

Hello friends!

I was interested in whether or not there was ever any films or specials struck on Super 8? I have been looking to add some of the Peanut Specials to my collection for a while, but I've only ever seen a couple items on 16mm (which I didn't get a chance to purchase).

Thanks for any information you have on the Peanut gang. Wishing you all the best.

Lincoln

I have never seen any of the Charlie Brown specials available on Super 8 (if they had been available on Super 8, I'm sure they would have been great sellers); I'm lucky to have 3 of the specials on 16mm and my family never tires of watching them. They are faded, but the All Stars special has the original Coke and Dolly Madison ads and that brings back good memories. This week, our Great Pumpkin special has already been run a few times and we're not done with it yet. Next month, the CB Christmas special will go into heavy rotation over here. Although the 16mm prints are pricey, we are definitely getting our money's worth; I've had them for over 25 years and lost count of how many times they have been shown. I work at a special education center, and it's wonderful to see the reaction of our students who have never seen film projected on a screen (they like seeing the Universal monster movies as well as the Charlie Brown specials).

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Suchy View Post
      I have never seen any of the Charlie Brown specials available on Super 8 (if they had been available on Super 8, I'm sure they would have been great sellers); I'm lucky to have 3 of the specials on 16mm and my family never tires of watching them. They are faded, but the All Stars special has the original Coke and Dolly Madison ads and that brings back good memories. This week, our Great Pumpkin special has already been run a few times and we're not done with it yet. Next month, the CB Christmas special will go into heavy rotation over here. Although the 16mm prints are pricey, we are definitely getting our money's worth; I've had them for over 25 years and lost count of how many times they have been shown. I work at a special education center, and it's wonderful to see the reaction of our students who have never seen film projected on a screen (they like seeing the Universal monster movies as well as the Charlie Brown specials).
      That's so wonderful to hear, Paul! I'm very happy you've been able to enjoy them for so long now.

Comment

I am happy to say that Charlie Brown made it to super 8! In the 1970's a few super 8 libraries worldwide, had Peanuts feature films in they're collections. These were optical sound super 8 features. I have two of them, "A Boy Named Charlie Brown", and " Snoopy Come Come" . Amazingly, someone had the forethought of having these printed on some form of low fade film stock, long before LPP. I don't know if they're third feature, "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown", was ever a part of that library. I only lucked out on these prints. A person bought a pallette of films in Technicolor cartridges, that belonged to a South African super 8 library. It was one day away from being "binned", and the person won it at an auction. Therefore, if you can find any old super 8 film libraries worldwide, there might be a chance that these same features made it into distribution there as well. As for me., I am keeping my prints!

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
          I am happy to say that Charlie Brown made it to super 8! In the 1970's a few super 8 libraries worldwide, had Peanuts feature films in they're collections. These were optical sound super 8 features. I have two of them, "A Boy Named Charlie Brown", and " Snoopy Come Come" . Amazingly, someone had the forethought of having these printed on some form of low fade film stock, long before LPP. I don't know if they're third feature, "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown", was ever a part of that library. I only lucked out on these prints. A person bought a pallette of films in Technicolor cartridges, that belonged to a South African super 8 library. It was one day away from being "binned", and the person won it at an auction. Therefore, if you can find any old super 8 film libraries worldwide, there might be a chance that these same features made it into distribution there as well. As for me., I am keeping my prints!
          Good Grief, what a relief! So happy to hear that Chuck and his pals made it to Super 8. I can only hope to one day find myself a copy like you've done.

And I don't blame you! I wouldn't want to let go of those if you gottem.

Lincoln

Comment

Yep! I gots them! OK, one other very small source on super 8! Does anybody remember those little Fisher Price movie viewers? You'd load in the cassettes, hand crank it, and watch thru the little view finder or lense. Well, anyhow, these little cassettes held between 30 seconds or a minute is silent color sound footage! In the case of these, they held footage from various Charlie Brown TV specials! I can't vouche for they're color , though.

Comment

Working...
            X