Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted. Optical Sound cheap and UK please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted. Optical Sound cheap and UK please.

Hello this chilly Monday afternoon. I'm after a test film for optical sound. Print it self doesn't need to be great but the optical part does need to be readable. Any subject.
    To keep price down, UK only please.
    Thanks in advance. Stuart.

Solved by the wounderful PS at CHC.

Looks like I'll be busy over the Christmas break.

Thanks for the tip with Phil at CHC Melvin.

Comment

Good you are sorted Stu. I have or had a feature which would have suited but someone else wanted a tester. Spaceballs feature had a superb full test track going pink of course but ideal for testing.
      Enjoy optical.

Comment

Thanks Lee. I'm having a giggle just thinking about Spaceballs. Dark Helmet. What a daft movie. Good o'l Mel. Glad it's also found a use though with another optical fan.
        Just been watching Gold Diggers of 1933. Film isn't just about film. Optical is the knowlage behind capturing audio and Gold Diggers is pre Code for Hollywood. I think it's TCM that's showing Gold Diggers of 1933 with, for better or worse, Alec Baldwin being interviewed for his thoughts on Pre Code movies. Which Gild Diggers was one. I was totally unaware of this side of movie making, indeed History. I was just fascinated by Ginger Rodgers redition of We're in the Money and the Pig Latin portion. The closeup of her expression are timeless. Love to know the colour of her eyes. But for me, she's like yesterday. I know we're striving for better but let's not forget that struggle isn't just now, it been always. We'll get there.
        That's 8mm for you. A community sharing stories. Quite wounderful really.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211206_172254.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	48766 The optical sound reel arrived today and confirmed sound from my ST-1200HD.

Just a reel run through. Before making adjustment if any I'll give the lens and lamp a good clean. The lamp does seem to like a couple of starts to "warm up". Not sure, it's just a wire. Maybe something before the exciter lamp needs "something".

Thanks people
          Attached Files

Comment

Usually the lamp pin contacts Stu..age and all that. Back in the 80's when the ex airline prints started flowing we must have had 40 or so features now gladly pink what remains here. Spaceballs was the best print at the time at least for my money but now pink as a peach. Memories of Me was another very crisp print and show at a Derann open day back then.

Comment

I`ve got a sands of Iwo Jima optical B+W 400 coming at some point I bought in spring !!! Covid delays etc.

But there is another one as well similar anyone know the name ?

I remember buying sapceballs for £55 from a lovely chap who used to rent films. South west of the country. Maybe started with Rick ?

My post stroke memory means I just can`t remember the chaps name but he ran a film company etc.

Can you remember Lee ?

Lovely print and order and only 2 or 3 years after it came out.

Those were the days.

Very nice HD stuart by the way.

Best Mark.

Comment

I must say then that Phil did some magic to find me this optical. It's Middle Eastern with none English track. Both speaking and music are covered and the image is very good. On a full 5" reel giving me plenty of film for testing. So an early Christmas Presents. I'll post a YouTube video over the holidays.
                I will give the contacts a good clean as you mention. Should start getting organized now.

Comment

Working...
                X