Wanted Super 8 Trailers: On Golden Pond, Meatballs, Lawrence of Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Super 8 Trailers: On Golden Pond, Meatballs, Lawrence of Arabia

UK collector still looking to obtain the Trailers, On Golden Pond, Meatballs and Lawrence of Arabia.

Glenn, I can confirm that at least Lawrence is available as a super 8 trailer BUT I have only seen it as a scope print. There may be flat prints out there as I have another trailer (The Sound of Music) in both flat and scope.

Comment

Many Thanks Melvin, will keep my fingers crossed

Comment

I Concur. I have a reel of trailers that includes Lawrence of Arabia that is a scope print. I doubt that the other two prints mentioned ever made it to super 8 as a trailer but I could be wrong. Keep searching!

Comment

Many thanks Burton, I will.

Comment

If someone could be so kind, could they put up those photos of the lists of Thunderbird Films super 8 trailer reels. They put out an ENORMOUS number of these 200ft reels, though I would bet that most of them are faded these days.

Comment

Osi, you will find a long list of Thunderbird Films, a catalogue from the 70’s on The Reel Image website. It isn’t complete though as I have trailers with higher numbers than those listed, but it is a 47 page catalogue. Hope this helps.

Comment

Many Thanks Phil

Comment

Yes, Lawrence is available as a masked flat trailer but the copy I had was faded (pics attached). I sold it on when I found Derann's scope trailer with good color.

Comment

Many thanks Martin

Comment

I have finally managed to get a scope print of Lawrence of Arabia from E Bay uk .Still looking for the others, cheers guys.

Comment

....... and I bet you are mighty pleased with it, because it is a superb edit in itself !

Comment

Hi Melvin, ho yes its a great Trailer indeed, my photo shows me making up a 70mm print of Lawrence just a couple of years ago helping out at my local Cinema that still show 70MM presentations.

Comment

Working...
                          X