No announcement yet.

The Fifth Element 400ft scope/stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do hope that you will reconsider a scope release of this, David. This really is a release that demands a scope release, but that is, of course, up to you. BTW, how did an old post end up showing up now?

Comment

I assume someone was looking at older posts and commented on it. Also maybe Ebay take finished sales down completely quicker than they used to.

Comment

I also got excited about a 600ft in Scope but you never know, I did say 2021 is going to be a great year for Super 8 collectors

I'll eat my cap if I'm wrong Christmas 2021

Comment

Hi David I don`t use a scope len`s, but like many do I just watch scope films 4/3, doesn`t worry me at all.

I prefer a full screen with no bars, so a slight, mishaping if you will, is no worries.

Best Mark.

Comment

It could be help to know how many collectors, among those intersted in buying the new release have a scope lens (or don't mind to project a scope print without the required equipment). So, let's start : I'm interested and I can project scope films.

Comment

I have a scope lense, and I honestly prefer to seeing a film in scope, over flat and even over a letterboxed scope image as, you lose a good deal of the sharpness of the original image, but ...Pooh, a sharp scope super 8, it really is an experience, especially with films like Star Wars. You can watch on a TV, of course, but on that scope screen, you are no longer at a distance, but are really enveloped into the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Todd View Post
                Hi David I don`t use a scope lens, but like many do I just watch scope films 4/3, doesn`t worry me at all.

I prefer a full screen with no bars, so a slight, mishaping if you will, is no worries.
                Mark - you of course have every right to project a scope release without use of a scope lens, but "a slight mishaping" seems a bit of an understatement, considering the image is being squeezed into half its usual width!

Comment

I’m Loving the continued efforts of the few releasing NEW Super 8mm titles and wanted to thank you all for your amazing work, but also wanted to add my personal view on the subject of 8mm print ratios...

Feeling we are a purist community here keeping the tradition of film projection/presentation alive I strongly believe that not one of us would have entertained the local Odeon screening any Scope film in a flat format! Therefore, I would suspect any ‘rationalised’ Scope print releases would not achieve the sales they may otherwise have achieved if the releases were indeed in their original Anamorphic ratio.

Discuss! 😉

The very best
                  Rick

Comment

I'm sure it comes down to the source material.

David,

To me the term widescreen implies scope. Am I being more dim than usual?

Comment

Or could we refer to it as letterboxed?

Comment

Letterboxed often mean the film was printed unsqueezed with half the frame black reducing brightness and clarity if you blew it up to fill the screen (or just used half the height of 4:3 one). My Marketing FIlms 400ft digest of Grease is almost like that.

Comment

A lot of the later universal 8 digests were like that as well. I suppose if the print was absolutely top notch, extremely sharp, a letterboxed print would be passable.

Comment

I expect they would be better with a Xenon or HID projector as half the light it wasted with these prints too.

Comment

Working...
                            X