Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s a rare Derann just up!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fantastic...-127635-2958-0

Buyers risk though. When was this title released ? I.e. Is it likely to be low fade ?

Graham S

Comment

Time to ask the seller a few questions, then.

Comment

£ 920 / € 1.097…!
        A fantastic price for a Fantastic Journey!
        But this Derann print truly is outstanding!
        Seller and buyer will be happy.

Comment

We will have to see if the buyer pays for it or if it's relisted. Only the rich could afford to take a chance like this. It could have quite a few green scratches no one knows at this point.

Comment

Yes indeed Graham.

Still tickles me some are still paying ludicrous money for old hammered SW's prints when you can get new prints for much less money.

Most of us will remember being soaked into Fab Voyage when we were kids I also loved it and the colourful effects/sets.

Comment

£920 is a LOT - although if you look at the bids, one person retracted a bid of £70,000! I think this was released in 1985 at the earliest, so it's virtually certain to be on low fade stock. I imagine it sold pretty well, and yet it seems to very rarely come up for sale. The seller will be celebrating, considering the starting price was a very reasonable £35!

Comment

It was one of those titles that was released by Derann with little publicity or hype. Part of the Fox deal the There’s No Business like Show Business era. I’m not aware of anyone who ever bought this title and can’t recall any screenings at any conventions. The review in FFTC magazine was positive. Mind you Buying on eBay is blind faith particularly at that price is a case of “ Pay your money take your chance”. Maybe there was a reason it started at £35 and was described as just Good and untested.

Comment

Ged posted on Facebook that it was printed 1992 or 1993 and sales seemed lost due to the Disney titles that were coming on stream from them.

Edit I just checked and the first mention of it I can see is in the April 1993 newsletter priced £259.99.
                  Last edited by Brian Fretwell; March 20, 2022, 03:46 PM.

Comment

If the buyer is not happy with it .ebay will make the seller refund allways that way.

Comment

My review with pics:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...ntastic-voyage

Didn't pay anywhere near that price for mine. Mine does have a negative scratch (yellow) through some of it. Not really that bothersome.

Comment

It’s a beauty! So I think that the buyer will be very happy.

Comment

...I have wanted this one for a long time but even I dropped out. £920 is too much for an untested film. I have paid more than that, mind you, for other prints where screeshots were provided.

Comment

Working...
                          X