Wanted King Kong. Oliver Twist and On the Beat and No limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted King Kong. Oliver Twist and On the Beat and No limit

Hi looking for these on polyester stock please.

But also always interested in any other B+W`s on the same stock in nice order and good prints.

Shorts, features, docs L+H`s etc.

Don`t mind a little colour caste in the image if nice.

Many Thanks Mark.

PS also looking for Great Expectations reel 2 of 6 on polyster and the full feature on any stock in nice order. Thanks.

PPS Convict 99 and Windbag the Sailor too. Thanks.

I have a copy of King Kong I'd be willing to sell. not sure if it is polyester stock though

Comment

Hi Mark,

hope you are O.K....have you won the lottery or something??

Those titles wont come cheaply.

Mark

Comment

Sadly no Mark, just selling a few other bits on myself.

Also they won`t all rush in at the same time and the B+W stuff still is reasonable they should be OK.

If not I`ll wait untill they pop up fairly priced. Things still do.

Not bought much in the last year at all though.

There is a person putting L+H `s on youtube in 4K that really have to be seen projected on LCD, even on a 720p projector and they still look filmy

Just pop in the youtube search Laurel 4K if anyone fancies seeing them.

Best Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark

i take it the YouTube videos are from the definitive single Blu ray that has been issued?

All the titles are the same. Hope you are well.

Mike

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike I am not sure but there are a fair few shorts and a decent number of features on there that look amazing, and they left odd flecks etc in and a filmie-ness.

Make my films look a little bit silly I know, but what can you do !!! if you can`t help yourself.

Best Mark.

Comment

Mark I still remember Derek telling me No Limit was derived from a good 35mm master, more than a bit ground breaking for all those years ago. Shame it was edited back but still a wonderful film which I hope you find soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Todd View Post
                Hi Mike I am not sure but there are a fair few shorts and a decent number of features on there that look amazing, and they left odd flecks etc in and a filmie-ness.

Make my films look a little bit silly I know, but what can you do !!! if you can`t help yourself.

Best Mark.

Hi Mark

Two features, Way out West and Sons of the Desert plus 18 shorts and Tree in a Test tube. They are as good as they ever will. Like brand new films. No sign of the the other 80 shorts and features. It’s dear at around £35-£40.

Don’t buy the title below. It is straight transfer from DVD set with no improvement or enhancements 😡😡😡😡
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike I still have the 21 dvd UK box set and they look fantastic and like really good film LCD projected.

You can still pick that up for new for around £35 or so.

I paid more than that for a nice Super 8 print of Come Clean on Super 8 not long ago.

Yes Lee hoping to land a nice print.

Best Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark

I still have my 21 DVD set but the Blu ray is a significant improvement. Funny silly money paid on 8mm but we hold back on buying Blu rays because of the price.

Actually Come Clean is one of shorts that has been enhanced. Always a difficult title to get a decent print on 8mm. What type of ice cream do you want? Chocolate 🍫

Mike

Comment

We don`t have any !!!

Comment

Tell me what ice cream you don’t have.

Comment

Had a look at the restored Laurel and Hardy films on YouTube and I have to say, I have mixed feelings about the 'restoration'.

The overall picture quality is now excellent but the decision to leave in all the flecks and scratches just seems a strange one. It just gives the impression that they have added marks over a new film, using a digital effect, to give it an aged, filmic look.

I've grown up watching old, worn prints of Laurel and Hardy on TV and 8mm film. Maybe over 60 years of watching such prints means that I am so acclimatised to them that I'm unable to process seeing a beautiful quality print of Laurel and Hardy that has flecks and scratches? It's just too weird for my brain. Or maybe it's just me?

Think I'll stick with my 21 disc dvd set.

Comment

The 21 set is brilliant, used to be £200 at first !!!

Its nice they are sort of open source on youtube, its means many more young people will see the lads.

Best Mark.

PS looking for poly Saps at Sea and Blockheads, Pardon us etc too. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X