Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted : Rolling Stones 8mm

Hi There !

Have you once filmed or recorded a show with the Rolling Stones, but since forgotten all about it? Please consider to share it now. Time is passing, and some unique recordings might already be lost forever. The goal of the HonkTonk55 Project is to ensure rare recordings and films with the Rolling Stones are unearthed and shared for free with fellow music fans, before they are lost forever.
    We will help digitize, remaster and share with respect for your work and efforts recording the show. If you have filmed or recorded a show with RS, please get in touch on this email address:
    honktonk555@gmail.com

This is a true global fan project, made by Rolling Stones fans The videos have received a revolving text-logo in the lower right corner making life for bootleggers and dishonest copycats, as hard as possible.

We have 3 reels for now. You can watch it on our channel soon

PS : This site is very good. Thanks to everyone who open this site.

All The Best!

~Sandy Lake

What a wonderful idea, Sandy! I look forward to the youtube! I would not know as to how to locate these, but magazines sold concert footage from live rock acts, various groups, and the Rolling Stones are no doubt one of those acts live on Super 8!

Comment

Sandy - I am assuming that as far as Standard 8 / Super 8mm film is concerned, you are specifically searching for rare home movie footage shot by fans either at a concert or when Mick and co. were spotted walking down the street ?

I will stand corrected here, but I think the only official super 8 footage of any of the Rolling Stones was the 200' Mick Jagger & David Bowie video "Dancing In The Street" made for the Live Aid concert.

Can anyone add to this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
        What a wonderful idea, Sandy! I look forward to the youtube! I would not know as to how to locate these, but magazines sold concert footage from live rock acts, various groups, and the Rolling Stones are no doubt one of those acts live on Super 8!
        Thanks for information !
        We will release our 8mm footages soon in our channel

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
          Sandy - I am assuming that as far as Standard 8 / Super 8mm film is concerned, you are specifically searching for rare home movie footage shot by fans either at a concert or when Mick and co. were spotted walking down the street ?

I will stand corrected here, but I think the only official super 8 footage of any of the Rolling Stones was the 200' Mick Jagger & David Bowie video "Dancing In The Street" made for the Live Aid concert.

Can anyone add to this ?
          I specifically searching Rolling Stones's concert footages.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post

Can anyone add to this ?
            There's an intriguing item that I've been looking out for, for decades, but without success. Some early 1980s Regent Films (Blackpool) Movie Maker advertisements featured USA imports that included a 400' version of 'The Stones in the Park' (1969). So this appears to exist, but I've never found a copy. If anyone has ever seen it and could perhaps indicate who released it, please let us know! Also, Jeff trailer releases were at their peak around 1982, so there may be one for 'Let's Spend the Night Together'.

Comment

Working...
            X