Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED. Solo Performance. George Formby. Super 8mm Derann release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED. Solo Performance. George Formby. Super 8mm Derann release.

hi i'm looking for a print of this film on B/W stock in good condition please. in original box if possible. thank you.

Have the souvenir reel...

Comment

hi Shorty. i have that on 16mm. it's Solo performance that i don't have. and i think that's super 8 only on that release. unless someone knows otherwise. I/we we all look forward to meeting up again with you at Blackpool. a great time guaranteed. all great fun for sure.

Comment

Paul
        Solo Performance was a abridged and a very worn 16mm print from Derek Simmonds own collection being a Formby fan. The complete print you have was mine for decades and a 2K scan remains here for personal posterity/ nostalgia.
        All S8 prints were on poly.

For your own records. The 16mm you have was last shown publicly in Blackpool after i discoved George's wife's grave which was much neglected
        I had her grave stone restored and we projected that print to close the case book as it were.

Just three prints of The Friday Show exist from my research. Two acetate and one Poly. I'll probably take it to Blackpool as a couple of people have asked to see George's farewell at some point.

Solo Performance is a must have on 8mm as Derek himself supplied the master. Good memories...and a great 400ft.

Comment

Working...
        X