Wanted: Castle Films Annual News Parades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Castle Films Annual News Parades

I have the News Parades of 1959 and 1963, and I'm interested in building my collection, but my surfing on Ebay seems to indicate that these are a bit rarer than I expected. Hoping there are some available around here.

Update: I was was moving my prints to a new shelf just now, and it would appear that the 1963 News Parade is in the early stages of vinegar syndrome. Luckily I haven't had it long, so I think I caught it before contamination became a concern, but still bummed. If anybody has a replacement I would be very grateful T-T.

Comment

Hi.

Before committing yourself to the fact it has the start of VS, my advice is to take it out of the box for a few days away from the rest of your collection, and let it get plenty of fresh air. Sometimes the general smell of film that has been locked in a box for quite a while can be mistakenly taken for VS. This is like the difference between someone who has a genuine body odour problem, and someone who just needs a shower !

Comment

These are 8mm or Super 8mm? Seldom do these gauges acquire deterioration, yet eventually all do...try a dab of baking soda in the reel holes (there should be six), and like Melvin suggests, expose to fresh cool air for at minimum, one week... sprinkle some baking soda in the box, both parts and again, about one week...Shorty

Comment

Working...
        X