Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Star Wars trilogy

does anyone have any of the star wars features on super 8mm thanks

Hi Tony and Welcome! Yes, all 3 features were available and distributed by Derann Film Services many years ago and were, as they are today, a very sought after prize. The best advice I can offer is to be patient. Watch posts here but also other sources such as eBay. Any 3 of the original Saga prints will be expensive as well, going for about $1500 or more USD. But don't be discouraged! Keep on looking. I have all 3 myself and if you want to know how I acquired them and how much I paid, send me a PM. Always happy to Support a new member!

Comment

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum, always good to see more new members here.

I HAVE TODAY SENT YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Best,
      Rick

Comment

A little on off topic. Before my beloved Kinoton 35 projector left the building I read the old sound track from my pinking SW's feature for nostalgia. Being analogue it's nice to have that track on the S8 film. Memories.
        You will find a S8 film eventually. Jedi is probably the best for me.

Comment

thanks for all your replies being patient is a good idea before i joined here i had no idea that all 3 films were on s8 , i used to have a few derran films like terminator starwars aliens etc back in the 90,s so eventually i will get them all again, but very expensive, some have offered me starwars and jedi but no sign of empire strikes back ?

Comment

Two of them (not the original Star Wars) were only seen on the Second Hand film lists from Derann. I believe they did make th eprints but didn't have the contract to release them so did not advertise them as new.

With the prices these are going for today I almost wish I had bought Star Wars instead of Goldfinger (at less than £200 new) at an Open Day.

Comment

same here i did have starwars deraan but the other two are def out there,jedi is for sure but empire hmm i bought my copy of starwars back in the 90,s when they put it out on s8

Comment

...most of us have seen Derann Star Wars features sell on ebay for over $1000 USD and I presume they will be one of the highest priced Super 8 features out there. Many collectors will hold them dearly and never think of selling them. I have never seen Derann "The Empire Strikes Back " for sale though, other than the Andec version. Tells me it's rare and a keeper.

Comment

exactyl i bought predator full feauture for about 11-1200 usd i think it was around £1,100 im happy with it though so maybe starwars isnt the most expensive, as for empire its the fans well most fans fave movie, and for me the one i think will be hardest to get if ever,i do know reel image website does all three of the movies im sure he said he does, but all are more expensive than derrans second hand ones, hmmm

Comment

One thing everyone seems to overlook is the newer SWs features are in the correct ratio with a slight border top and bottom. I sold my old Derann to finally see this in a true S8 projectable aspect ratio. It is a thing of beauty and very grateful to have it to project.
                    I have a 35mm print now pinky but the sound track is great and totally analogue for the S8 feature.
                    A bit of a treasure for me.

Comment

Hi Lee,
                      I attempted a PM but you’re not taking them, it was blocked?
                      So here I am! I totally agree regarding the framing of the Derann feature, and the lack of Cantina subtitles btw!
                      I’m interested in this newer version you, and others, speak of but have no idea where to begin making enquiries about obtaining one? Also, what may I ask can I expect to pay for such a rare gem?
                      Thanks for any help you can offer.
                      Best,
                      Rick​
                      PM Me if you wish.

Comment

hi not blocked anyone myself so dont know what haappened, im a newbie so not sure what they cost, had few offers i think the derran ones were approx £1,100 each the newer versions i think will be towards £2000 from reel image

Comment

There is one for sale Now, in the UK a Derann print, 4 X 600'.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/28514037...UAAOSwA-Rj5Shk

Comment

time to save up me thinks ha ha

Comment

Tony, in the link provided by Rodney, this is indeed Derann print. The first good thing is all four boxes have artwork, however only one of the four have a Stereo sticker. Derann released this run with Return or the Jedi artwork! Screenshots are without scope lens...Much to think about but I would bid...

Comment

Working...
                              X