Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General S8 Film Wants

Greetings Collectors and Friends!

I've kind of been taking a short break from collecting to allocate funds to other life projects, but film is never far away from my heart!

I'm sure most of these films are on a lot of people's list since they're well known titles, but I thought I would post a small sample of stuff I'm still currently seeking out:

Halloween (S8mm 4x600 ft Scope)
    Gremlins (S8mm 2x600 ft)
    Airplane (S8mm 3x400 ft)
    The Neverending Story (600 ft)
    Scooby Doo (400 ft Episodes)
    Mako: The Jaws of Death

Half the fun is always the hunt!

Lincoln

Just wanted to bump that I’m always looking for titles like these! I’ve been financially saving money for a house, but I’m at a point now where I can start allocating funds for films again!

Comment

I'm always looking for those "Scooby Snacks" as well!

Comment

This is just another bump for the upcoming holidays! Would love to find a Super 8 copy of Halloween/Gremlins/etc...

Thanks friends!

Comment

It looks like those who have these prints these days are holding onto them like gold, but on the plus side, if you have to wait, perhaps when they do become available, the outrageous prices we see today will have finally quieted down.

Comment

I got a couple from that list recently (so not interrested in selling) at a CHC event at the shop. Sometimes actually being at the event (shop open day or collectors convention) can get better results than looking on line.

Comment

That's great, Brian! I hope to one day be able to travel to a collectors convention! I'm sure it would be an amazing time with all sorts of treasures.

Comment

Instead of making a whole new post, I thought I'd just add on here. I'm still looking for stuff named above but I would also love:
                Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein (1x400 Black & White)

Thanks!​

Comment

We have some truly wonderful people in this forum! Thanks to everyone who's helped me find a lot of films as of late. The peaks and valleys of film collecting are always worth the hunt.

Just thought I'd update since I got Gremlins off the list!

Super 8 films Wants:

Halloween (S8mm 4x600 ft Scope)
                  The Neverending Story (600 ft)
                  Scooby Doo (400 ft Episodes)
                  It's A Wonderful Life (Full Feature)
                  Tenebre (or most any Italian Giallo film!)
                  Last edited by Lincoln Thorn; December 08, 2023, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Glad to see that you obtained Gremlins!

Comment

I was able to find a couple Giallo prints on super 8 recently! Very cool to watch these old Italian crime films on Super 8.

Someday I really hope to travel to one of the great film shows to meet you all and visit the film markets. I consider so many of you friends!

Still looking items mentioned below and would love to find a digest print of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Biggest Wants:
                      Halloween (4x600ft)
                      The Neverending Story (600ft)
                      Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (4x600)​

Comment

Greetings friends,

I just wanted to update my list since it's been a few months now! I was lucky to find a very nice, perfect color digest of Rocky Horror Picture Show and even a whole episode of Columbo on Super 8 recently!

Halloween (4x600ft)
                        The Neverending Story (600ft)
                        Elvis JC (400ft)
                        Cary Grant feature films ​(Arsenic and Old Lace, NbNW, His Girl Friday)
                        Roger Rabbit (4x600ft)
                        Get Carter (??)

Comment

I hope no one is upset I use this thread for my current acquisitions and Treasure Hunting List!

I was finally able to a lovely copy of The Neverending Story (Derann 600ft). The film powers that be have been very kind to me in the last couple months with Rocky Horror, Willard, Columbo, and now Neverending Story. Still looking for everything else listed above.

Comment

Get Carter is available (?!) as an optical sound feature. Well, let's put it this way, I saw one sold this last year. Whether there is another copy out there, I don't honestly know. Gad! What is it with these 400ft Scooby Doo's?! They seem to be rarer than hens teeth. ( My wife just said, "Hens have teeth?!)

Comment

Working...
                            X