WTB Precious Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Precious Images

Looking for Precious Images and Pieces of Silver, both by Chuck Workman. Can be Super 8 or 16mm. Thanks!

Originally posted by Greg May View Post
    Looking for Precious Images and Pieces of Silver, both by Chuck Workman. Can be Super 8 or 16mm. Thanks!
    Both titles on Paul Foster’s latest list Greg

Comment

Mike I don't see Pieces of Silver there unless it's already been removed?

Comment

-and bear in mind, Derann re-titled the S8 Precious Images "Reflections USA", so it has invisibility as its super-power!

Paul Foster has it under both titles right now.

http://www.fosterfilms.co.uk/8mmcartoons.htm

Comment

That’s right a slight rename

Comment

-great opening reel: needs a good amplifier and speakers!

Comment

Thanks all! I'll take a look

Comment

Looks like that will be making its way to my doorstep soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Hey Greg!

You will enjoy it, I'm sure!

Precious Images (Reflections USA)

It's an excellent reel for waking up an audience: they have to pay attention because all these clips of great movies are going past on-screen like fence pickets in a hurricane and if they aren't paying attention they will miss their favorites! (No matter who they are, they are in there somewhere!)

Comment

There is a U.K. version as well. I obtained both from Derain some years ago. They are both well edited with brilliant sound. Excellent openers for any film show. Ken Finch 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Finch View Post
                      There is a U.K. version as well. I obtained both from Derain some years ago. They are both well edited with brilliant sound. Excellent openers for any film show. Ken Finch 😊
                      Heres the description from Paul’s list.

REFLECTIONS 1X200 £59.99. A celebration of British cinema withs lots of famous fast moving movie clips with a rousing score. Excellent Derann Agfa polyester print in original box.

REFLECTIONS USA : PRECIOUS IMAGES 1X200 £59.99. A celebration of American cinema withs lots of famous fast moving movie clips with a rousing score. Excellent Derann Agfa polyester print in original box.

Comment

Bought the British version ..Shorty

Comment

I like both versions, although prefer the the US version. The UK version, Reflections (http://www.paulbernard.com/Clips/) was made first in 1994, but the "US version", i.e., Precious Images (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ahNn87HGkA) was made in 1996 is my favorite (most likely because I have seen far more of the US clips that the UK clips).

Comment

I think the UK version clips are easier on the eye only because in the middle of the US version, the speed of the editing speeds up to a point where the clips are so short it's hard to keep up and I would say the image is sharper on the UK version, having said that, both are excellent. I would love to be able to get pieces of silver on super 8 or 16mm to go with these two shorts. 😉

Comment

Working...
                            X