Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ODD REEL Buy / Sell / Exchange Department...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ODD REEL Buy / Sell / Exchange Department...

I thought it would be an idea to start a thread for anybody who is either searching for an odd reel to complete a feature, or someone wanting to sell a part feature could display their wants and wares in one place.

I will start the ball rolling......

I am searching for the following.....

Casablanca - Reels 1 and 6. Number 6 is only around 150' to 200' even though it would come on a 400' spool.

The Sound of Music - The full length cinemascope version (mono or stereo) - Reel 5 (600') and, if it exists, Reel 6 which I would assume would take it to the end?

The Love Match - An Arthur Askey film - Reel 3 (600')

Can anyone help,please?

.....over to you...

Yes reel 6 does take The Sound of Music to the end. Reel 5 must be rare as I'm short of that one as well, other than that I have it all. I remember buying a couple of odd reels (sub-standard) at the BFCC at the Waterman's Arts Centre and being told by another collector that I would end up trying to get then all - I didn't believe him then.
    Last edited by Brian Fretwell; May 03, 2020, 09:03 AM. Reason: Bad typing

Comment

Very good of you Melvin to start this thread. I hope you are able to find the reels you need.
      My often posted search is for reel 1 of the Derann release of the African Queen. The print I bought for a bargain was because it is missing reel 1. I Currently have a Viacom print that is spliced to match the Derann print. The Viacom is good compared to the rest on regular stock.
      Good luck with your search. I hope you are successful.

Comment

Hi all im looking for reel 1 of Richard Pryor live in concert its a universal 8 4 x400ft release.Also reel 1 of the Elvis comeback special.

Comment

Hi all
          I have Reels 1 and 3 of The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (a 3 x 400ft release) - if any one has Reel 2, or wants Reels 1 and 3 to complete their set let me know ?
          Also I have Reel 3 of Towering Inferno - The Rescue on 400ft (part of a 3 x 400ft release)

Comment

Also I have Reels 1 & 2 of Tom Browns Schooldays - assume this is a 3 x 400 (unless anyone knows different) so looking for Reel 3, or if anyone wants Reels 1 and/or 2

Comment

Hi john I could do with schooldays parts 1 and 2 please
              pm me and I will be back to you

Comment

John - My copy of Tom Brown's Schooldays is 6x 400' full length. I am not sure if there was a 3x400' cut down, but I am sure Lee would already know this.

Comment

Wanted!!

Odd reel 3 of 2010 scope!

Comment

Pie in the sky fantasy: I'd like to pick up Reel 4 (of 4) of THE PSYCHO LOVER. B&W or color would be fine. (Not sure if it was issued in color.) Also interested in the full (abridged?) feature.

Comment

Hello All,

I Have Reel 4 + 6 of First Blood, the first Rambo film.
                      I am either looking to acquire additional reels or to find them a home with someone who needs the remainder.

Comment

Looking for "Alien" Scope feature Reel 1 and Reel 3 please.

Comment

I am looking for the last reel of HORROR OF DRACULA...! Thank You.

Comment

...A while ago I picked up reels 1&3 of Derann Goldfinger. I do have the complete feature as well and thought it might be wise to have these seconds as a back-up in case of any future damage to the complete feature reels. That being said I would be on the look out for Derann Goldfinger reels 2&4. I realize my chances are
                            slim to none, but you never know!

Comment

Looking for reel 5 of Hello Dolly super 8mm, if anyone has it, please PM me, thanks, Del.

Comment

Working...
                              X