Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Superman The Movie 3 Reel WB release

Purchasing this would be 'swell!'

...It was one of the first prints I purchased when I re-entered the hobby in 2017. Auctioned on eBay with shots of the original reels and clamshells. It was my first experience to screen a "turned" print to my utter disappointment.
    This means that if you are after the 3 reel WB release you will have a red print with some other colors present. To my knowledge there are no LPP prints ( Low fade, excellent color ) of Superman , but an excellent digest was released of Superman II. FYI.

Comment

Yes, Derann did a fine job with that. They even released another 200ft reel of the full credits and another scene, if I remember correctly, of Clark kent getting his revenge on the "bully"! I think that the whole thing ran around one hour and 10 minutes. The print is slighty grainey, but not too bad and a pretty good edit.

Burton, I would suggest that, if you still want to buy this 3X400ft digest, keep a lookout on the UK or other overseas ebays as, often, the same digest that is beet red in the U.S. might well be printed on low fade stock overseas.

Comment

David
        There is also a 1-reeler presenting some extra scenes not included in the 3-reeler.
        Maybe You should try to find all the 4 of them?

Comment

My UK copy of the 3x400ft, bought from Portland Films, is on SP. Not completely beet red as there is plenty of blue there but maximum blacks are definitely going pinkish.

Comment

Osi, I have it. It is David who is looking, so I only advised him to be cautious.

Comment

I believe some German copies (from UFA) are on AGFA hence good color

Comment

Raiding the memory cells think I cut some of the 400ftr into the 3x400 as well. Many of us where adding extra shots to various s8 releases back then.
                Exorsist was another good editing project.

Projected at Deranns Blackpool film collectors convention back in el day one chap had edited the 2x200ft snow white films with various bits and pieces to great effect. We had never seen such a great achievement and that was long before the excellent feature.

Comment

Thank you for all the responses. I really appreciate the info. I will still buy this in a heartbeat despite the color fade, simply because of my love for this movie. I have the one reel release and I'm totally looking forward to this edit project.

Now that I'm settled into my new home I'm ready for backyard screenings. Thanks again fellow collectors.

Comment

Working...
                  X