Carry On Screaming Feature wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry On Screaming Feature wanted

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I am looking for the Derann feature of Carry On Screaming, which I think was on 4 x 600 ft reels, thanks.

Hi Darren and welcome :-) I have it purchasing from new BUT be careful when buying. It was issued at a time when Derann were still trying to develop new Magnetic sound stripe and many films were sold with the new Paste stripe coming off after just one or two projections. My first film was sent back at request of Derek and a some months later returned.

A really great feature to have and a favourite here for many years which I keep on 2 X 800ft BONUM spools as I project it regularly.

When I was a lad and acting at Pinewood Studios I used to walk around the South entrance to the studio where Dan Dann the sanitary mans toilet block was supposed to be as I always liked looking at locations. Funny when you look back but you have picked a great film to collect.
    Take care and good luck.

PS Just had a look at my film its printed on Agfa film stock. If you are new to this interest you can read this info down the sprocket edge of a film. I seem to vaguely remember the printing of COS was cut short probably due to the magnetic sound track striping issue so it may have only seen 20 or so film copies actually made.. a wild guess. A good title tho and always fractures me.
    You will see it in a fairly plain Derann box with Carry on Screaming Times Roman ish on the edge.
    Last edited by Lee Mannering; May 15, 2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I bought a reduced price copy, marked as "Sub-standard" but the stripe is OK. It may have exposure trouble.

Comment

Hi Lee and Brian, thanks very much for the info. I'd previously read somewhere that there were issues with COS sound stripes. Now I know what to look out for and hopefully I'll be able to pick up a copy at some point, fingers crossed. COS is my second favourite Carry On after UP the Khyber, which I have a PM Films 600ft version of.

Brian, I find it fascinating that you were acting as a young lad, and visited locations at Pinewood Studios. If there were only 20 or so prints made, then I guess it'll be a hard find, but I'll hopefully come across one at some point, many thanks

Comment

It was Lee not me that was acting as a young lad. He was in Bugsy Malone. My only appearances have been on a Christmas charity show "Joy to the World" when I was 40 as one of the Three Wise Men that was covered for television. I got the part due to them wanting someone tall, not my acting ability. I was a bit nerve wracking doing a walk on through the audience at the Albert Hall, but that's another story.

Comment

Autographs are chargeable Memorable times the 70's also appearing on the bill at the London Palladium mid 70's, funny enough it was only last week looking thru the old press cuttings I found the show report in The Stage paper. Did much stage/TV actually and pretty run off my feet as a child.
            Managed to find time for my Eumig projector of course.

Comment

Working...
            X