Making CINEMA OF OUR TIME and update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making CINEMA OF OUR TIME and update.

I know many Super 8 collectors own copies of the documentary films I produced including A CINEMA OF OUR TIME produced during 1989.
    This was a cinematic look into our new Warner Bros 12 screen multiplex I filmed on Super 8, edited and compiled a Stereo sound track for which at the time was the first UK Cinema documentary with Stereo made available to purchase on S8. Worth seeking out if you are a film fan and love the cinema and available on 200ft colour sound. I still even yet get films sent to me for Stereo dubbing.
    I did slightly update the film by splicing in where I take you on a tour of the projection room we see the 70mm projector running Batman by splicing in the trailer as the film is running. It makes a useful addition to the presentation I feel and of course is in Stereo as well.

It seems a film lifetime ago I took my S8 master down to the lab for a negative to be struck back then but once again a film for me full of memories. The cinema was for a short spell taken over by The Vue chain but eventually closed and then demolished and now a industrial site a process I went back with the same camera to film with very teary eves you will gather. I did get access before demolition with a number of torches due to no electrics. The projection rooms were waterlogged and had been virtually trashed all very sad to see.

We had many return visits to the Warner Village Cinema watching mainly the 70mm presentations which were superb. Golden memories from my favourite time visiting the Cinema and thankfully I have a film record of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WB End.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	10032

Lee, that sounds a most interesting film. Any chance you can upload it so we could all enjoy it?

Comment

Hello Dave. The various Super 8 films I produced over the years are available on a DVD we distribute here. If you would like to place an order please contact me via the messaging system on here including your email and I can forward details how to order.
      Regards

Comment

Working...
      X