Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Match of the Century Challenge / Fussballspiel Challenge / Match du siècle challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match of the Century Challenge / Fussballspiel Challenge / Match du siècle challenge

Whenever I buy a small collection, the best-selling Super8 film of all time is often included.
    Do you feel the same way?
    Who has more copies of it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200521_092210.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	10191

I started off with the black and white silent version of this when I was still only getting pocket money.

Then, sometime in the late 1980's I attended my first ever Blackpool convention....... and I had never seen so many super 8 films together in one place in all my life...... This was heaven!........... and the first film I ever purchased was the colour sound version of this film, which is still in my collection. It is such a good short!

Comment

Who's playing?

I have an Uncle in Germany who has an Italian friend. (He has an Italian restaurant in their village: Menu in German! of course!). While we were there once Germany defeated Italy in World Cup. My Uncle said "I'd better steer clear of HIM for a while!".
      Last edited by Steve Klare; May 21, 2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
        Who's playing?

I have an Uncle in Germany who has an Italian friend. (He has an Italian restaurant in their village: Menu in German! of course!). While we were there once Germany defeated Italy in World Cup. My Uncle said "I'd better steer clear of HIM for a while!".
        If you sit in an Italian ice cream parlor in Germany and Germany loses to Italy in football, the ice cream may be free. To give German consolation.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
          ...... This was heaven!...........
          This is how Scrooge McDuck must feel in his safe.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1323.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	10225

It's actually one of my favorite Italian restaurants anywhere. For one thing, the owner and my uncle are close friends, so you basically show up as family. For another, the owner absolutely hates working off a menu, so there is something different every time! It all depends on what he found at the market that morning.

It's just as much as they are friends, Fußbol is sometimes trouble between them!

Is this film a specific game, or is it season highlights?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Match Of The Century 52120.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.2 KB ID:	10229

This film was constantly shown on a cartridge projector at a camera store I used to frequent as a kid. I would stand there and watch it again and again and...

Doug

Comment

Funny thing is that I did buy a few collections and this 200ft'er was in both of them now that I think of it! But both were faded sadly.
                Last edited by Alan Rik; May 21, 2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Got It!

-I’ve never seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

Comment

Its a good one Steve, the color on mine is still pretty good

Comment

I have the second part Beautiful Briny sea very good color

Comment

Watched "Match of the Century" the other night. The print has faded a bit, but its still pretty good.

Name:	P1120970.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	10378

Name:	P1120973.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	10379

Name:	P1120975.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	10380

Name:	P1120983.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	10381

Comment

There's heaps of copies of this film on Super 8 on ebay

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from...llenge+super+8

Comment

As I said does anybody have the second part Beautiful Briny under sea singing much rare doesnot come up as much on Ebay

Comment

Edward,

I also have The Beautiful Briny. Like yours, mine has good color and is a very enjoyable cutdown.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X