X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer (and print) issues

People need to remember this is niche
    The printer is 65 years old!!
    Collectors don't understand grading, and the whole collective effort that is going into this. Its miraculous we get anything new on 8 today. Value it when you can...
    It will end one day, flecks and all!
    This is the last S8 printer in operation. Think what you wish for.

Remember the end of Derann? No more new white boxes of faulty prints?

Treasure this it might just be your last hurrah.......

The lab have multiple issues but I will support everything they do. Very VERY professional lovely S8 people. Love them.
    Last edited by Lee Mannering; June 06, 2024, 02:22 PM.

Lee,
    I AGREE with you a 100%...
    Gratitude guys...a handful of flecks and all...gratitude!
    Funny, but with a little gratitude, one doesn't see Flecks and all.

Comment

Lee,

I find your comments about the knowledge of collectors to be in bad taste and quite condescending. I would say most collectors understand the process and the difficulty in getting these prints produced. Are we supposed to accept flecks on prints from digital sources as in the Alien 200’ reel. I don’t think so. Faulty prints should be replaced without question.

Comment

So what you're saying is I can't complain when something is not right. Here is the problem. Lee, you emailed everyone to say the prints were on there way and once checked they would the go out for striping and sound recording. Now if you checked them you would see that there were some prints that were problematic so why did you not send them back and have Andek reprint them? Problem solved. You say the printer is old but it made some excellent prints of the Little whirlwind for Ruben. I have bought a few prints from you Lee and they have been super and I really appreciate the effort you put in.

Comment

I've got to agree with Phil. I'm not trying in any way to undermine the efforts of all involved, but a faulty print is a faulty print. And at some cost.

I assume these comments relate to the recent Alien 200ft. I gather Lee offered a refund on a faulty print, which is fine, but suggesting collectors should accept faults is really questionable.

BTW Lee, I'm a cameraman who has had labs grade my 16mm shoots back in the day; just saying...

That said, and without trying to hijack the thread, The Little Whirlwind seems to be a huge success amongst super 8 collectors.

Comment

anything new on 8mm is really appreciated flecks and all, i only bought one film from Lee and was quite happy with it, i like the old and new stuff some collectors wont touch the new stuff coz its printed from digital but appreciate what Lee is doing for the hobby.

Comment

Working...
            X