What is the type of rear reel on dual 8mm projector esp. Ricoh Trioscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the type of rear reel on dual 8mm projector esp. Ricoh Trioscope

Hi there.. anybody knows Ricoh Trioscope projector?

I understand this projector can play super 8mm and standard 8mm (regular 8mm) which the reel has different center hole (smaller). For the front reel, usually it has an adapter. So can take both reels. But what about for the rear one (take-up reel), is it only accomodate super 8mm or can also take standard 8mm reel?.

In this below discussion in our old forum Douglas Meltzer has this one, perhaps can help me out?

cheers,
    winbert

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	79
Size:	640.1 KB
ID:	102085​​

Hi Winbert,

I have a Ricoh Trioscope Halogen machine which looks VERY similar to that one posted by Doug and the TakeUp reel arm has a Standard 8 spindle and comes with that cut away style of reel as shown in Doug's picture. Only difference is mine has a 100W (I thinK) halogen lamp and NOT the CXR lamp.
    I would just use a Std 8 to Super 8 push in adapter if I needed to NOT use that Std 8 TU reel...in most cases one would tend to rewind after running stuff through I would imagine.
    Lindsay

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay Morris View Post
      Hi Winbert,

I have a Ricoh Trioscope Halogen machine which looks VERY similar to that one posted by Doug and the TakeUp reel arm has a Standard 8 spindle and comes with that cut away style of reel as shown in Doug's picture. Only difference is mine has a 100W (I thinK) halogen lamp and NOT the CXR lamp.
      I would just use a Std 8 to Super 8 push in adapter if I needed to NOT use that Std 8 TU reel...in most cases one would tend to rewind after running stuff through I would imagine.
      Lindsay

Thanks Lindsay, it means if we only have super 8mm reels then both arms need to have the adapters, right? Is it normal that this type of projector only provide one adapter?

I knew I can find another adapter somehwere... just to make sure I have received the complete item.
      Last edited by Winbert Hutahaean; June 06, 2024, 11:53 PM.

Comment

YES you will either need a Std 8 reel OR hopefully the original Ricoh reel will come with the machine. If not then the Std 8 spindle to Super 8 reel adapters are very common so you can use a Super 8 TU reel.
        Usually there are adverts for the adapters on EBay but if not I might have a couple lurking here at home on amongst my stuff you can have.
        I have a set of 35mm rewinds on my bench and on those I can use it for either 35 or 16mm OR with the adapter S8 rewinding or even Std 8 straight onto the spindle with a packing piece so the spin on retaining nut or plate can lock the spools on the drive end...there are no splines on many 35mm rewinds.

Comment

Working...
        X