Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy pair of Eumigs on movie night

Hello Todd

Nice to see twin machines for changeovers probably the best way to do it. You can have fun as a projectionist while running a complete show uninterrupted

What is your method for changeovers including sound? I am curious.

at my house, I use Electric 35 mm changeovers from Kelmar products custom configured to work with the super eight and I use a remote control audio video switcher to do the sound at the same time. I press the button for the picture change over. It's a little noisy but they work just fine.

i'm running a pair of Elmo GS 1200 machines and I'm using a separate system to spool the films which can handle up to 2000 feet of capacity the projectors run with no reels on the arms. They merely pulled the film through and do light and sound.

Comment

I recognize that 709 LOL! Nice to see it getting some use, and projecting film!

Comment

What is your method for changeovers including sound? I am curious.

Interesting you ask that. I have this weird A/V switcher thing that I believe was designed for a slide projector table. It's basically a thing that accepts a bunch of power inputs and each one is switched. So the projectionist could cut power to one while firing up the second projector (which is already in full forward/lamp ON) for an almost seamless transition. The lamp will come on before the 2nd projector is up to speed however. I suppose you could lock the second projector into run only mode, then use two hands to kill one lamp while simultaneously firing the second lamp.

Ideally, I'd like to find DIN output cables for each of the Eumigs and feed those into a common A/V sound amp. Even more ideal would be to separate the audience area from the projectors with a separate room with a glass window (yes, like a projection booth!)

I've tried projecting through my garage window to a large screen in the back yard but the lamps on these machines are not bright enough. I would need Xenon to get a bright enough image at that distance and will all the light pollution from nearby streetlamps, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X