Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The board software changed the link. Here is another try

Comment

OH no it isn't.A belt transmits drive from one shaft to another and comes in different section profiles i.e. square flat toothed etc. An O ring creates a seal, the fact that some O rings with a round profile can be used as drive belts is usefull. Also diameter first, profile second.

Comment

Koos
        The lamp is an A1/215.
        https://www.lampshoponline.com/a1-21...kaAk-NEALw_wcB

Maurice

Comment

Good mornining KOOS, sorry for the ongoing questions,but I want you to receive the correct instruction book.
          To acess the lamp do you remove the black baffle unit on top of the lamp house OR does the front section slide upwards to give acess to change the lamp?
          If it is the latter your machine is a NOVO [yes dear readers I did call them NOVA previously]
          The designation pnonomatic only says it has the tape attatchment which is something EUMIG offered very early on in the life of this model.
          I have both model instructions

Regards Tom

Comment

Alright, alright, 65 mm × 3 mm. Eumig had O-Rings, a grey variant of some rubber. We have much stronger ones today, but it still is a cheap O-Ring. The profile on the pulleys is circular. The projector is not made to run faster than about 20 f. p. s. At that speed the shuttle performs 60 strokes per second.

Comment

Hello Dennis,

sorry, I was out for last week. To access the lamp, I just slide up the metal part from the side.

I noticed there are two large screws behind there too. It seems as as if I can adjust something with those?

Comment

The two screws are for adjusting the lamp position, sideways and vertically. Using these you can get the best screen illumination.

Maurice

Comment

Good morning KOOS, I now know exactly which model you have. Yours is a NOVO the last of the P8 models .
                  The two screws are as Maurice described and explained in the instruction manual.

I am sending out to you everything you requested.

Regards TOM

Comment

Good day KOOS,
                    Padded envelope posted today,have enclosed instructions regarding tape attatchment just in case .

Regards TOM

Comment

Thanks very very much to all of you. I will let you know how it worked out!

Comment

Today Tom's package arrived. Everything works 100% now The standing image works even in reverse. It's a sound from my childhood when it runs, and I wouldn't want to have another one. I have my father's projector table with it, and the silk screen he used. This really makes me happy to have it working again. Thank you all for your kind and good advice. Tom, a most special thanks to you for sending the parts to me!

Comment

okay, the still image on a P8. this system only works when the exact original size of belts are placed. before new belts were readily available many people played around with o rings which were the wrong size. too thick and the system will not work. also, if the belt is slightly too short it will pull on the motor bearings and wear them out pretty fast. the projector cannot get up to speed because of this, and in combination with bad lubrication it can't run good at all. the still picture system works by flipping the belt onto another pulley, if the belt is the wrong size it can't do that. and what tom said, the aluminium part that throws the belt on the other pulley is often removed because the projector didnt work properly after changing the belt (with a wrong size) and it rubbing against this part and again the projector not getting up to speed.

also Van eck has the right size of belts

then there is in later models a shutter in front of the lamp. when the projector get up to speed the fan blows it open. this was tension loaded with an elastic band. after many years this band has hardened and the shutter will stay shut. remove the band and it works fine again.

good to see that you did fix the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
                            Koos
                            The lamp is an A1/215.
                            https://www.lampshoponline.com/a1-21...kaAk-NEALw_wcB

Maurice
                            Interesting thread and I am a newcomer to the site - based in Ireland. I have a couple of projectors that I picked over the years and my recent aquisition was a Eumig P8 NOVO Phonomatic - I have to do some basic cleaning - fitted a new belt and bulb made by Osram / Halogen Display Lamp model number 64625 HLX 100W-12V (GY6.35) however the bulb failed after a few minutes running a film .. not sure if it was a faulty one or is the an underlying problem with the power circuit to the bulb.. the Eumig ran fine with Frankinstein Meets the Wolfman and then bulb blew.?

I am also not clear about rewinding the film - back to the lead spool.. any suggestions to assist me

Best of luck to all for 2021 and hopefully we all get a break from Mr Covid

Stay Safe

Comment

Working...
                            X