B&H 458A Dual 8 mm - Regular 8 mm / 8 inches 600 Ft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&H 458A Dual 8 mm - Regular 8 mm / 8 inches 600 Ft

I' m looking for some help on my B&H 458A Dual 8 mm filmosound Eight. I learned that the machine can project both regular and super 8 mm up to 7 inches 400 ft reel. But now I am planning to bring in BW Regular 8 mm 600 ft movie film but not sure if B&H 458A can project this larger reel. Please anyone suggest a way I can project this 8 inches reel on this machine without causing damage.( My B&H Take up reel is also 7 inches) Thanks,

Hello Bank and welcome to the forum. All projectors have a limit regarding the spools capacity. If your projector is designed for projecting 400 ft spools, then you cannot use 600 ft with the existing arms. In some cases, the feeding arm has a larger capacity than the taking arm. You may be able to put a 600 ft spool on one arm, but not on the other (I don't know if that's the case on your model). So, you have only four possibilities : 1) Looking for another projector (but for just one film, that's an expensive option). 2) Looking for a Long Play Unit (but, again, not reasonnable if you have only one film to project). 3) Respooling your film on two smaller spools. 4) Using a "système D" (I don't recommand, but it's up to you) : find a way to hold your two spools (with two fine screwdrivers, for example, but make sure the spools turn frrely, otherwise you can break your film), then ask a friend to hold the feeding spool and hod the take up spool that has to be turned by hand. Again, I don't recommend that way, as it's easy for the feeding spool to stop and then your film will break, but if no other way is possible, that's a possibility (but don't blame me if something goes wrong ;-)

Comment

I think the easiest would be to transfer it to a 400-ft reel and then a 200 ft reel. You could leave it on the two reels or after viewing splice it back onto the 600 ft reel.

Comment

Hello Dominique and Janice, really thanks for your help. I think I would transfer the film to two smaller reels. It's easier for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bank Vichyothin View Post
          I think I would transfer the film to two smaller reels. It's easier for me
          Good decision. The best option in your case, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X