New podcast episode: Bootlace Cinema: An interview with Mark Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New podcast episode: Bootlace Cinema: An interview with Mark Williams

Another episode of the Humming Projector Podcast is out, and this time we talk to Mark Williams about his new book: Bootlace Cinema, Collecting Horror, Science Fiction & Exploitation Movies on Super 8.

Some highlights of this episode: 👉 Mark’s way into Super 8 👉 The idea of writing the book and the long way to the finished product 👉 The term “Bootlace Cinema” 👉 The choice of film genres for the book 👉 Mark going to Blackpool when he was young 👉 Keith Wilton’s film editing 👉 Mark hosting film shows at school

You can listen to the episode with podcast players (supporting RSS), Spotify, YouTube and with a web browser on our website​.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15_bootlace_cinema_promo.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	103806

Again very well done, thank you Eivind! I’ve my copy already and just say it is a nice book. It has a good layout (glossy paper would have been a better choice for all the lovely cover images) and a nice selection of movies. I like the text about the British distributors. Maybe it would have been interesting for the reader to have a little text about the distributors being so present in the book, e.g. Piccolo Film. A fun book!

Comment

Many thanks for your kind comments, I actually think the matte paper in the book works better, I would have loved to write a history of Piccolo Film etc but I just didn’t have the knowledge and the information on the websites was scarce too.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the book!

Comment

Eivind,

What a fun interview with Mark! You cover a number of interesting subjects but my favorite has to be Mark's stories about the film shows he put on at school. I think Confessions of a Driving Instructor and Night of the Bloody Apes would have made a great double feature!

Comment

Thanks Doug, I think that double bill would guarantee my expelsion from school that very week!!

Comment

Working...
          X