Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Standard 8mm Projector Technical Problem

Hello All,
    I would very much appreciate any advice regarding my Eumig standard 8 projector. Runs ok on the slowest setting as soon as increase to normal speed the upper loop disappears and if left the film drive notches start being damaged by the drive pins.
    Many thanks for any suggestions.
    Kind regards
    Peter Roberts

what is the type of the projector? seems like a P8? if so, is the gate fully closed (the part with the lens). sounds like the top sprocket doesn't hold the film well enough

Comment

Hi Erik, Firstly thanks for taking the time to respond to my projector problem. Yes it is a P8 and yes can confirm the gate was fully closed, so maybe, as you suggested it is a problem with the top sprocket. What kind of issues might affect the top sprocket which mean that it doesn't function correctly? I will have a closer inspection and provide more information.
      Thanks again Peter Roberts

Comment

well sometimes if the film isn't threaded correctly it will lose the loop. but its not easy to diagnose withou seeing the problem. could be that the little screws in the sprockets are loose and it slips on the axle

Comment

Working...
        X