Thanks to Patrick Steemers for his GS-1200 video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Patrick Steemers for his GS-1200 video

I was set to record a new soundtrack onto a film I had sound striped when my normally agreeable GS-1200 decided that it had no desire to accept the audio signal for channel one. The VU meter was barely moving, though when I plugged that same cable into channel two, that meter showed a strong signal. Working the switches numerous times didn't help, so after calmly cursing up a storm, I checked the Forum's Index of Technical Topics. In the Elmo section was the title Elmo GS-1200 Cleaning/Solving Playback & Recording Issues​. This linked to Forum member Patrick Steemers' YouTube video that demonstrates how to remove the amplifier module from the GS in order to apply contact cleaner to all connectors, switches & meters. Closely following the video, I duplicated what Patrick did and after allowing everything to dry, reassembled the projector. Turning it on (which was difficult to do with my fingers crossed), I plugged my laptop's audio output into channel one and.....it worked beautifully! I recorded onto two films and playback sounded great.

Thank you, Patrick! I see there are over 1500 views of your video, so you've helped a number of us get back on track.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GS ampmod1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.9 KB ID:	103896 Click image for larger version  Name:	GS ampmod2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.8 KB ID:	103897
Working...
X