Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders of the Lost Ark 3 x 400ft Marketing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders of the Lost Ark 3 x 400ft Marketing.

In Mark's fabulous new book, he mentions the planned release of both Star Trek II and Raiders as 3 x 400ft versions by Marketing films.

I've seen the advert for Raiders, but sadly Marketing stopped making super 8 in 1982 and both releases were abandoned.

I know for a fact that Star Trek II escaped as a test print or two as many years ago one came up for sale.

But Mark suggests that the 3 x 400ft Raiders also escaped as a test print...wow...

Now, this may be akin to the quest for the Ark itself, but has anyone seen this...more importantly, and probably beyond my wildest dreams, but does anyone have one for sale...

Don’t know about any 3x400s being out there. They would be like the “mystical” Ark. All of the first three Indiana movies were available in full feature in scope. German sourced. Raider wasn’t the last Marketing release. Grease 2 does exist. Awful movie I know.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4539.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	103959

Apart from being a starving actress why did you do it Michelle.

Comment

Mike.... she was probably promised John Travolta but ended up with Maxwell Caulfield. No contest.

Comment

They would indeed be like the mystical ark.

Raiders being my all time favourite movie, I’ve copies on just about every format, including a lovely sharp 8mm full length scope polyester print from the 90’s, with stereo sound recording by the legendary John Clancy.

Given that Star Trek II was released in 1982, a year after Raiders and the same time that Marketing released the 400ft Raiders, and that tests of Star Trek II do exist…it’s not beyond possible there were Raiders test prints…although in all these years I’ve never even had a sniff that they exist…

Can but dream…

Comment

I'm betting that it was letterboxed as well as the 400ft. Whoever has the print, will hold onto it like gold. Now, THAT will be an auction that will truly go through the roof!

Comment

Although I have personally never seen it, from description, Star Trek II was letterboxed.

How could I have passed on that at the time…doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
                Mike.... she was probably promised John Travolta but ended up with Maxwell Caulfield. No contest.
                Can see your point Melvin. Travolta and Newton John were offered roles but both wisely declined this turkey. Before, Olivia’s death a sequel was still being talked about with them as older characters. Did they ever make a television series?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Young View Post
                  They would indeed be like the mystical ark.

Raiders being my all time favourite movie, I’ve copies on just about every format, including a lovely sharp 8mm full length scope polyester print from the 90’s, with stereo sound recording by the legendary John Clancy.

Given that Star Trek II was released in 1982, a year after Raiders and the same time that Marketing released the 400ft Raiders, and that tests of Star Trek II do exist…it’s not beyond possible there were Raiders test prints…although in all these years I’ve never even had a sniff that they exist…

Can but dream…
                  Its not beyond the possibilities that it does exist somewhere

Comment

I bet then cutting of Grease 2 made it a lot better movie than the F/L version, still not a patch on the original, but it did have the marvelous Didi Conn back as Frenchie at least

Comment

Thank goodness that they didn't make a sequel with Olivia and Travolta later in life! It would be painful watching them throwing themselves into numerous pulled muscles, tractions and pains. May they stay eternally young in our movie collections

Comment

Working...
                      X