Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankin/Bass Question

Greetings friends!

I was curious about your experiences with finding any Rankin/Bass specials on super 8 film? I didn't see much on the S8 Database, but I would love to know how many specials you've seen on film!

This started after looking around to see the much under appreciated MAD MONSTER PARTY? was on S8 and thought I'd cast a wider net.

All my best,
    Lincoln

The feature film, "The Last Unicorn" (also under appreciated), was released for the airlines as a super 8 optical sound feature.

Comment

The television specials would more likely be on 16mm. You'd think R/B's 1977 feature The Last Dinosaur would have made it onto Super 8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Last Dino.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	104005

Comment

That was among Richard Boones last films, (great western actor, for those who don't know), I am betting that he did the voice of "Smaug" the dragon in "The Hobbit" for Rankin Bass due to having made "The Last Dinosaur", or was it the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
          The television specials would more likely be on 16mm. You'd think R/B's 1977 feature The Last Dinosaur would have made it onto Super 8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Last Dino.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	104005
          I love THE LAST DINOSAUR! Rankin/Bass animated specials/movies feels like they belong on S8 in my mind, so I was curious to see if anything ever made that leap!

Comment

Working...
          X