Today’s the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today’s the day!

I’m so excited! I’ll finally be filming in Super 8mm again for the first time in decades! I’m as excited as I was when I got my first movie camera when I was a 15 year old kid. The batteries are in, the camera runs, the film is out of the refrigerator. Now I just hope the cartridge doesn’t jam.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2115.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	104015

I stopped shooting Super-8 when I was about 20 and picked it up again when I was 40. I found I'd lost my feel for things like composition, how lighting and contrast works in different parts of the same frame and using the zoom lens well. It took a couple of cartridges to get it back, but I had fun along the way.

I hope you have just as much fun, Dave!

Comment

Fantastic, Dave. Let us know 🙂

Comment

Excellent, Dave!! I love shooting on Super 8 film. I hope have a great time with it.

Comment

Dave,

Wonderful news. We’re all looking forward to hearing about the results!

Comment

Awesome news Dave! I have the same camera but haven't used it yet! Make sure you also fire up that projector when the film returns. It's the only way to truly see the beauty of Super 8 film! I have yet to see a digital transfer that blew me away! I just got back from shooting 2 carts of Ektachrome Super 8 at and near the beach. One was the current 7294 and the older 7295, which has been frozen since 2012. They have been mailed out to Dwayne's Photo for processing. Their price on Ektachrome is $12 dollars a cart! Good luck and let us know how it goes!
            Last edited by Shane C. Collins; August 03, 2024, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
              Awesome news Dave! I have the same camera but haven't used it yet! Make sure you also fire up that projector when the film returns. It's the only way to truly see the beauty of Super 8 film! I have yet to see a digital transfer that blew me away! I just got back from shooting 2 carts of Ektachrome Super 8 at and near the beach. One was the current 7294 and the older 7295, which has been frozen since 2012. They have been mailed out to Dwayne's Photo for processing. Their price on Ektachrome is $12 dollars a cart! Good luck and let us know how it goes!
              Unbelievable.
              for that price you can start filming Super8 again
              Here in Holland they ask €89

I have a few cards here but they are 10 years old and have not been in a cooler.
              not sure where my fqther did got them.
              Don't know where to defellope either and how much that will cost.

Comment

I only shot 20 feet of film yesterday. I may be going to another family function in a couple of weeks, so maybe I’ll bring the camera along again.

My nephew thought it was so cool that I was shooting Super 8mm again. He’s 50 years old, so he remembers me with my movie camera when he was a little kid. ❤️

Comment

Working...
                X