Til Death Due Us Part...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Til Death Due Us Part...

I was talking to Tony Kelly earlier and his comment made me wonder...

What film prints are on your "Do not part with" list? Film prints that would take some very Silly amounts of money to let go of?

I feel like we all have a couple that will stay with us until the bitter (but hopefully sweet) end.

Much to discuss!

Lincoln

Never say never, but.....

I think I'll be holding on to the feature prints of Alien, Aliens, the Star Wars trilogy, Bride of Frankenstein and Godzilla vs. The Thing long after the other prints are gone. It would be hard to part with the Christopher Lee Draculas as well.

Comment

I don’t have very many films, and none of them are rare. However, I would like to keep my copy of “The WizardOf Oz” digest unless I can find another print that’s not faded (good luck. Ha!). I also have a collection of 18 “Little Rascals” shorts. Nothing special, but it’s kind of cool to have that many.

Comment

Yup, ALIEN, Star Wars (both versions), CE3K, Poltergeist, Logans Run, Who Framed Roger Ramjet, gosh! Honestly, too many to list!

Comment

Osi,

Who Framed Roger Ramjet would be a great movie! For those unfamiliar with Roger Ramjet, it was a TV cartoon show that ran for 5 seasons, starting in 1965. Ramjet and his Eagle Squadron saved the world each episode from bad guys such as Noodles Romanoff​ and Dr. What.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RogerR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	104304

Comment

That was done by Jay Ward productions? ( For those who don't know, the people responsible for Rocky and Bullwinkle.). BTW, the other category of Super 8 that I would never part with are actual super 8 releases that I am personally responsible, for instance, my "Saturday Morning Madness" from about ten or more years ago, and my handful of super 8 sound films that I have had "one-offs" for just myself, just to fulfill those dreams of "Man, if only they had made a digest of this!". Those are precious!
            Last edited by Osi Osgood; August 12, 2024, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Osi,

As far as I know, Jay Ward had no connection to the Roger Ramjet cartoon.

Lincoln,

I should probably add a couple of Disneys to that list. And how could I ever part with Twins of Evil?!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
                Osi,

As far as I know, Jay Ward had no connection to the Roger Ramjet cartoon.

Lincoln,

I should probably add a couple of Disneys to that list. And how could I ever part with Twins of Evil?!
                I officially bought my first Disney S8 reel last week with Mickey's Christmas Carol! I hope to hang on to that for a long time. and I don't think I could ever part with TWINS OF EVIL either! What a picture.

Comment

Working...
                X