Chinon 9500 no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinon 9500 no sound

I just received a 9500 chinon Projector and there is no sound coming out of the speakers as I took the cover off the projector. I see some kind of wire that is supposed to be plugged into something. I’m not sure if this is causing the problem . Can someone help me to try and figure out how to get the sound working? I will try to take a picture and post it. Thank you all for your help.

That's more than likely the reason. I bet it's supposed to be plugged down somewhere on the circuit board below there.

Comment

If you plug that connector back in and still have no sound from the projector speaker, take a look at the extension speaker socket which is usually a 2 pin din (dot and dash). On one of the pins is a contact that cancels out the internal speaker when the extension speaker is plugged in. It may have become stuck, in which case a tiny squirt of WD40 usually frees it up.

Comment

I second Alan's suggestion. It looks like it connects to the extension speaker in the back cover. Reconnect it and you should have sound however as Alan mensions the connection might be a little corroded.

Comment

Working...
        X