No announcement yet.

Silent films on Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only very recently started watching Hart, but exclusively on film. They dont go for too much on film lately. I bought 2 BH documentaries that cover his career well. One had music and narration, while the other was mute. I think the sound one, THE STORY OF WILLIAM S HART was from a Killiam TV show. Runs about a half hour. THE SAGA OF WILLIAM S HART was produced by BH, and is on 3x400’ reels. I paid $30 shipped combined for both!

I also bought some others like THE TOLL GATE which was very good. I have one I havent even watched yet!

Comment

I own a wonderful print of SEVENTH HEAVEN.
      It‘s silent and so it’s fun to add some romantic and also dramatic music by CD

Comment

Is it striped so you can record it, or do you just play the cd separately?

Another thing I like about watching on film is that I can set the speed to what I want, not what the DVD/Blu-ray producers chose for me, although if you play them on a laptop with VLC you can adjust the speed.

My preferred Super 8 and 8mm silent projectors are rheostat controlled, so I'm not pigeon-holed to just 18 or 24 fps. I recently acquired some silents on 16mm, but my projectors require moving the belts to get 18 fps and I was too lazy to do it. A few were still OK but an early Chaplin Essanay was too fast.

Comment

Working...
        X