No announcement yet.

Problem with Eumig Mark 709

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you go too far try this 99% of the time your drive will return..

You need to get a aerosol of Belt Dressing. You squirt some of this on a cleaning pad, sink sponge or lint free cloth. Rub that all over both the round drive disks which are coated in rubber. You will be losing drive as it's old and hardening. BELT DRESSING will soften it a little and make it a little sticky.

I use Abersil Belt Dressing about £10 in uk but you can get other versions for as little as £4 . If you can get near a garage they usually have it for cars.

Try that first
    Last edited by Lee Mannering; May 29, 2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Yes good tip Lee. Always try the simple remedies first.
      i forgot to mention in my previous post for the stripping down - the front part of the aluminium fan housing has to be removed to allow the motor assembly to be removed, but that's easy to do.

Comment

Lee's advice seems good for normal detoriation of the rubber drive discs and what I too would reccomend that you do. But since your motor is stalling in the forward position and slipping completely in reverse seems sure to be crumbled motor bushings or someone has simply changed the position of your motor and it no longer places correct equal pressure on both the forward and reversing rubber discs. There really is no other possibility with this particular drive mechanism....everything must be perfectly aligned for this drive system to work in both the forward and reverse directions...one thing not right and you always loose either reverse or forward projection. But the complete stalling is not a drive disc problem...that can only be a motor mounting issue or alignment of the motor itself! Take the back cover off and have a look at where that ball locates itself in the stopped position...not centered exactly between the two rubber discs?A bit closer to the left disc than to the right? If so, this ensures your motor will stall in forward and slip or make no contact in reverse, in other words every symptom your machine is now showing.

Comment

Do not disassemble the motor or try to adjust spring tensions or whatever!. at least not as the first thing you do. this is a classic case of hardened rubber on the drive discs and the motor having no grip. when the switch goes from the threading to play and the projector start to move it means that in that action you push the motor just ever so slightly harder against the rubber disc and it starts to turn the projector. you push it harder because of the detent mechanism is the switch. the first solution before you try to tinker with screws and settings is to clean the discs with White Spirit several times. it affects the rubber. big chance the projector will run fine after just doing that. just clean the discs. unless someone before you ruined the entire settings, it is not neccesary to start with that. with older projector (and the 700 are for sure in that area) the engine mounts could be gone, they can be replaced. and as mentioned in earlier posts, van eck in holland sells them ready made. (I made them myself when i was in school out of brass on a mill, they worked fine and it was before van eck started to make them so back then there was nothing available in spares)

Comment

Working...
          X