fullcoat magnetic film.
    The two projectors can be instantly uncoupled and run sep-
    arately. This permits easy threading of picture film and
    sound film. Each projector has an inching knob to facilitate
    setting of start marks in the gate. Once running in sync,
    either projector can be in the playback or the record mode,
    permitting sound transfers from fullcoat magnetic film to
    magnetic edge stripe, or from stripe to fullcoat.​
    It looks like it uses a belt to connect the inching knobs on the projectors. I assume there is an attachment put on the inching knobs so the belts fit and don't slip. For accuracy, I assume the belt had teeth, or perhaps it was a chain-belt? Can't tell from the pics.

The part that puzzles me is this: "The two projectors can be instantly uncoupled and run separately.​" I had assumed that the motor was somehow disengaged on one of the machines, since to record and/or play sound, the Eumigs need to be in play mode, where the motor engages the discs. But that last statement means that is not done -- the motor is not disengaged. "Instantly uncoupled", to me, means you just disconnect the outer belts connected to the inching knobs. Aren't the motors competing against each other in this rather crude Rube Goldberg-ish, and quite expensive, system? I can't find prices, but they are selling you 2 Eumigs, which back then, in 1975, cost at least $400 a piece, perhaps $500, plus I'm sure they charge extra for the belts. So we're looking at probably over $1,000 in 1975 dollars. Quite a bundle. You could get a used car for that back then!

I've seen people do something similar for scanning, hooking up an external step motor to the Eumig inching knob, with the original motor removed.

I'd like to try hooking up my Eumigs similarly (If I can ever get my Bolex/Eumig to work) for the simple task of transfering the sound track of one film to that of another. The reason? Sometimes I upgrade a print, and the picture quality is better on one (maybe less scratches, or just a better printing), and the sound is better on the other. Without an Elmo GS-1200 or similar machine with pulse-sync, it is impossible to sync sound perfectly, especially from an external sound source like a DVD or laptop video. Of course with any of these solutions all it takes is one splice to throw the sync off anyway.

I've heard this Eumig sytem was also used to project two 3D prints in sync!

Blackhawk used to sync their Standard 8 prints by a similar method, interlocking a 16mm sound print with a Eumig running a magnetic striped print.
Working...
X