20th Century Fox Film hire Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th Century Fox Film hire Super 8

I have a catalogue from 20th Century fox Film hire long before Video blu ray you could hire full length features
    Planet of the Apes 112 minutes and Benenath Escape Conquest Battle . I have always wanted to now why Ken only brought out only 200 feet of the Ape series and 200 feet the Day the Earth stood Still which I have all of them in 200 feet.the Features were on 600 feet reels they did not want people to use 400 feet projectors.Poseidon Adventure 119 mins I have the 400 feet And I have a rare copy on 16mm scope perfect color and the lobby cards. I have visted The Queen Mary in Long Beach California some screens of Poseidon Adventure was film on board and I was there on the day of the 40 anniversary 1987 of the Spoose Goose flight and saw the Spoose Goose that day now has been moved and I also have the flight in color 16mm they also had Optical Prints ON 800 Feet Reels after they closed I donot know what happen to all the films

I always thought Day The Earth Stood Still and the Apes films would have been much better as 400 footers than 200 footers. Feature length even better but maybe too pricey to sell in quantity at the time? Of course those releases were all in the earlier batch of Ken releases - before they decided to increase their editing skills!

Comment

In 1978 you could hire 'The Seven-per-cent Solution, 'Chinatown' with Jack Nicholson, and Alfred Hitchcock's 'Family Plot' among others from the Rank Film Library here in the U.K. It would be interesting to know how many other big 16mm libraries hired out Super 8 and how many copies they held of each title.

Comment

There must be some incredible one-off prints of great films lurking out there somewhere... possibly red as beetroot but you never know. I wonder if they were all optical prints like the airline ones or striped?

Comment

A flat LPP print of PLANET OF THE APES recently went for over a $1000 on Ebay so they are out there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X