Diana Rigg as Emma Peel - German rarity on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana Rigg as Emma Peel - German rarity on ebay

If you've heard about these legendary shorts made for the 8mm market, you might be curious to see this one on offer:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emma-Peel-....c100005.m1851
    I note it's not one of the 'Minikillers' series, so if an expert on these sees this post, perhaps they could explain if this was also one of a series of four? And the box looks very wide considering it presumably only has a 100' spool/film in it.

I wonder if they are English language. They're certainly sound, but that doesn't mean they aren't from some German TV dub. From what I'm seeing the seller can't project them either. (nicht geprüft: untested)

If Dad was still with us, I'd buy these. Back in the 60s he had a thing for Diana Rigg! (Mom didn't mind...). Besides, he spoke both German and English: either would be OK!
    Last edited by Steve Klare; June 06, 2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

It's a confusing subject, especially if you can't read one or two articles that exist in German, and it's hard to pin down exactly what was released in Std/Super 8, col/bw, sound/silent. However, one thing I can say is that the sound versions have music and effects but no dialogue.

Here's a nice quality YouTube video with the four 'Minikillers' shorts, that I believe appeared on a DVD: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g3iuSESdo4&t=1875s
      One puzzling thing is that each part is about twice as long as the 100 ft 8mm 'Minikillers' releases. There are links to the shorter versions in this English article: https://dangerousminds.net/comments/...ers_fetishists

There's also at least one 400' b/w release (which I have) that I think may have been b/w silent only. These were discussed on the old forum, so there's probably more information there.

Comment

It's interesting Lee you would presume its part of The Minikillers shorts she did. Though like you say its billed as Emma peel. mind you was she still playing Emma in that. incidentally The three short Minikillers films are an added extra on the UK Blu-ray releases of The Avengers.

Comment

The Minikillers shorts were produced for waiting customers at filling stations in Germany, as far as I know.
          But there are a lot of rumors about its production and everything.
          They work completely without sound and most of them are mute.
          If there is sound, then only music and effects.

Comment

Working...
          X