L.P.P. prints ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.P.P. prints ...

When did the first labeled l.p.p. prints arrive on the market? I am referring to actually marked in the sprocket area prints and not early unmarked variations.

I'm guessing early 1980's Osi 82-84 ish

Comment

I knew about 1982. At least as of December 82, as my Ken films empire strikes back print is labeled December 23 1982, (what a nice gift for collectors that year!), But I wonder how early on?

Comment

Osi's 'Empire' is a great early example as the more specific references to the launch of LPP indicate late 1982. I don't recall seeing anything more precise.

If anyone hasn't heard what LPP stands for, it's Lowfade Positive Print.

Comment

I hope this is not classed as going off topic, but what lettering or symbols are used on the edge of a film to identify it as LPP ? I know other types use triangles or dots etc.

Comment

Melvin - I've just checked a 1980s Derann print of the 'Highlander' trailer to make sure I get this right. Just before the date code, it says EASTMAN LPP. Kodak eventually dropped the letters LPP, at a point when it could be assumed that all their prints were bound to be low fade.

Comment

Thank you, Adrian

Comment

Working...
              X