Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 Bilder/Sek.: Ein Film über Filme und Freundschaft (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 Bilder/Sek.: Ein Film über Filme und Freundschaft (2010)

Hello everyone! I was digging in my Schmallfilm magazines last night, and read about a film that was released in 2010 by Atoll Medien: "18 Bilder/Sek.: Ein Film über Filme und Freundschaft" (https://18frames.com/portfolio-item/18-bildersek/).

In the magazine, some photos were included from the film, and it seems to be an interesting film for me. My question is: has somebody already seen this movie, and are there in this film scenes of the public screening too, included running projector (somebody knows the type?), screen setups,... , because these shots would be a major reason why i should be interested to see this film.

Thanks for your interest!

Hello Nick,

I saw this film when it was released. It is narrated a little bit like a poetic fairy tale and would really good work as a romantic gay love story because the story is believable in this way.
    But as the makers of the movie didn't have the courage to do so, they opted for a story of a "friendship" instead, destroying completely the film.

Unfortunately, this movie is non authentic and non believable from the beginning until the end. The guys in the movie behave like two guys in love with each other. All their behavior is logic and authentic if you see it in this way and their love story develops in a romantic and believable way. But if you try to see it as a friendship, every move of the actors become ridiculous as in real life two heterosexual men would never behave towards each other like the actors do in the film. Friendship, to look authentically, needs to be narrated in a completely different way.
    Actions induced by friendship are just different from actions induced by love. If a film director doesn't know this elementary rule, he or she shouldn't make movies because watching them is just a pain for the audience.

It could have been a very nice film but the directors weren't able to use the chance they had.

My suggestion: please forget about this movie because you only would be bored and disappointed of having wasted your time with a completely failed film project.

Best wishes

Jorg

Comment

Who released super 8 films as recently as 2010 and what are the other titles available ?

Comment

This DVD is still available at info@atollmedien.de

Comment

Ah, it's a DVD, sorry, I didn't get that.

Comment

@ Jürgen: do you know if there are shots of a (running) projector / projection setup / screening included in this film?

Comment

Yes, sure.

Comment

Working...
              X