Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars

Running some Super 8 films the other night "Star Wars" 400 footer was one of them. Strange to look back to the 1970s when we used to buy such films, they were really something at the time, how time passes.

Fading isn't too bad Graham. I have seen a lot worse. This is a great digest. I never get tired of watching Star wars clips. I actually never saw the original movie in the theater. My first viewing of Star wars was on HBO. I remember recording it off the TV resulting in a very bad VHS version. My boys played that VHS tape until it fell apart.

Comment

Hi Janice I remember when it came out at the cinema, you could not get near the place it was booked out for quite a while. It wasn't until we had a holiday in a small town called Nelson summer 1977 that I eventually got to see it. If I remember right the Super 8 200 footer came out before the film did its run at the cinema, soon after Ken films released it on 400 ft. At the time it had never been heard of that a major blockbuster film would release it on Super 8 so quickly. The print quality and sound was excellent as with the editing. Around that time I bought the soundtrack double album LP which to this day I still have.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100778.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1230

Comment

Great album, I have it too, not to mention the 400ft extracts.

Comment

Probably one of the few times you could go to see the film back then and upon leaving the London cinema call in a film dealer over the road and collect your 200ft version as I did. Made a bit of a upgrade to the 400ft by putting it to Stereo some years ago.
          Nice Graham

Comment

Remember this...from those long ago timesClick image for larger version

Name:	P1080295.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1294

Comment

Working...
            X