No announcement yet.

Kodachrome 40 - UK/Europe Processing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodachrome 40 - UK/Europe Processing??

Can anyone advise if somewhere within the UK or Europe is able to process old Kodachrome 40 reversal Super 8 to a black and white print for projection please?? My previous developer in Poland doesn't seem to be operating any longer. I have one final old K40 cartridge to process (a test film for some recently acquired cine camera's) before moving on to the new Kodak Super 8 film stock for some serious filming Thanks for any processing suggestions!

I'm not certain but as Kodachrome does not have the colour couplers in the emulsion any lab that can process B&W reversal should be able to do it. Unfortunately I don't know of any to recommend/

Comment

Robert
      I found this site after a search. It sounds expensive. Does it help you?
      https://www.super8.nl/english/e_price_proces_s8.htm

Maurice

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Maurice! The lab is twice as expensive as my previous Polish developer but at least it will get the job done and I can see the test results from my recently acquired cine cameras before potentially wasting any of the new (expensive!) Kodak film. Thanks for your help!

Comment

http://www.retrolab.eu This is one of the best lab in Europe,located in Spain.

Comment

The Spanish lab (Retrolab) charged me € 18 just for the postage (one film) ! Also, they promised during mire than a year they would modify one of their machine to process black and white 9.5 stock for at the end saying they were not interested anymore. So, in my experience, expensive and not trustable.

Comment

Thank-you for your comments, Dominique! I looked at Retrolab's website and prefer Maurice's suggestion of www.super8.nl in the Netherlands. I'll send my old K40 film there for processing after Christmas Thanks for your valued input!

Comment

Working...
              X