Blackhawk Opening Information Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Opening Information Titles

This might seem like sacrilege to some but... Have any of you ever considered snipping out those opening informational cards from the beginning of Blackhawk releases? I've thought once or twice about clipping them from some of my Blackhawk films. They're just up on the screen for too long, and everything they could tell you could be easily found on Wikipedia and in greater detail. AITA?

Nate,

It's your print! While I haven't edited them out, there have been times when I cued up the film to start after the prologue. It depends on the audience.

Doug

Comment

As a lifetime Blackhawker, never but never edit those educational essays. They worded it so concisely and they nevet fail to illicit later conversation
      - Shorty

Comment

What I like about them is it shows the people at Blackhawk really appreciated these films.

I hope they felt really good walking in the door in the morning! (I've had jobs like this: It's good!)

Comment

Was Blackhawk feature ‘The Man Who Knew Too Much‘ released on Super 8 as well as 16? There is a topic-related reason for my question. I have an original 16mm print which opens straight on the travel brochures (beginning of the film), with no Blackhawk logo at all. There are no splices to indicate its removal. I wondered if this was the same on Super 8 prints of this title. There is a logo on the end of the film but the lack of one at the beginning surprised me.

Comment

Nothing but positives to say about those Blackhawk information footage. I think they give appreciation for the film which follows, and say that what you are about to see is something special.

Comment

Working...
            X