Best of the Dual 8 projectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the Dual 8 projectors?

I'm in the market for a "new" 8mm/S8 projector. The main thing I need it to have is variable speed, since I show almost exclusively silents, and fine tuning of playback speed is a must. What are some of the good ones to look out for?

Hi Nate...For a dual silent projector I highly recommend the Sankyo 200H.

https://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/...alux_2000h.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	sankyo_dualux_2000h.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	11782

Comment

That's funny you mention that one specifically. There were a couple of those models freshly refurbished a few days ago that I was considering on eBay; looks like both of them were purchased

Comment

dual silent projectors, every eumig 500/600 serie projectors and what janice says the Sankyo dualux projectors all also very good.

Comment

Eumig 610d excellent silent projector and you can also add a better 1.2 lens. Very reliable

Comment

The Elmo FP8-C is also a nice reliable machine. It's a bit older than the one's mentioned above, but if it's like new they last a long time. The only problem sometimes can be a cloudy lens. My solution was to use a Bolex "hifi' lens from the original 18-5 series. This lens will fit the barrel of the FP8-C perfectly with no mods needed. I've never had one chew a film, but they need to be in tip top shape with new belts to run properly. Once that's done, as well as some oil in the motor, they run quite well with a variable speed dial to boot. These Elmo's are also 150 watts so plenty of light output. The Sankyo 2000H Janice mentioned is also a great little machine. In fact they are so easy to transport, and carry around. Plus the Sankyo's are very kind to film.

Comment

Working...
            X