War Of The Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Of The Worlds

Forgot I put this on you-tube a while back, must be due for another screening

I have this 3x400 version Graham. My print is slightly red but very nice .Great film,except for the femail screaming at everything.

Comment

Interesting that there are 6 different releases of this film on Super 8! The Ken Films silent 50 & 200 footers, Marketing's 400', 3x400', and the full feature plus Canterbury's trailer release.

Comment

I never knew there had been a 50 foot release Doug. Does it have any additional footage to the 200 footer (my all time favourite 200 ft silent release)?

Comment

I have been looking for a good agfa 3X400ft version of this for years and will, sooner or later find one ....

Patience ... patience!

Comment

Gary,

I agree that it is one of the best silent Ken releases. While I don't have the 50' version, it is listed in the Ken catalog as being available. The code following the title is [AB]. [A] is "Black & White-approx. 3 Minutes on 50' reel". [B] is "Black & White-approx. 11 Minutes on 200' reel"

Click image for larger version  Name:	KenCatalogWOTW.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	12026 .

As for additional footage, there is a chance of that. A number of the 50' versions of those Paramount films have some differences from their longer siblings. The Ten Commandments (Volume 1) includes the raising of the obelisk scene which is not in the 200 footer. Scared Stiff has its subtitles in the middle of the frame while the long version has them on the bottom. It also has some different footage, however it is a horrendous edit.

Doug

Comment

That's really interesting, thanks Doug. Would love to get hold of the 50 footer someday now.

Comment

Working...
              X